Male or female?

Got any ideas on how to improve the board? Let us know here!

Moderator: Jake

Tightgloves

Re: Male or female?

Post by Tightgloves »

I've added my informations in the Signature, but I'd like to write them in the right window, under "ITALIAN". I could add something about me, or it remains clear. Info's I could add could be free, without pre-defined options.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Well, that's what your profile is for. You can stick everything about you there.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Wow, turns out that was much, much, much easier than I thought. Could've done this months ago. Sorry. :shy:

Is this how you want it? I can change pretty much anything, so just let me know.

(Go to the Profile tab in your User Control Panel to see the option.)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Hm, not exactly sure if it's working correctly, though. I can't see the information on my own profile, but I've tested it out on Laura's and I do see it there.

Does anyone else see it on mine? Perhaps it's just invisible to me (which would be weird).

Please report what is and what isn't working so I can try and fix it.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Right, I've just set sexual orientation from "straight" to "gay" (becuase I didn't realise the option existed on my profile, so I'm assuming that's also a recent addition), and that shows up. If I change my gender from male to female, it shows up.

I thus conclude that the first option on the dropdown is not supposed to be an option, rather a "----SELECT----" button, which when clicked drops down to the options. Should be simple to fix if you just add a new option at the top of the list.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Oh yes, that's right, I added that option too after I posted about the other one.

Yeah, the "male" and "straight" options are just defaults. If you don't actively choose one, it won't show up anywhere, just on your own User Control Panel. But I agree it's a bit confusing, so I'll ad the blank options like you suggested.

Hmm, weird. I see it on your profile as well, so it seems it only doesn't work for me. :hmm:
You don't see it on my profile either, do you?

*Edit: Aha! And now it does work!

Adding the blanks was the solution. Apparently, it only shows up if you change it from the default, so when the defaults were male and straight, there was nothing to change for me, while there was something to change for Laura (male>female), and for you (straight>gay).

Thanks Jake! :whoop:

Return to “Forum Suggestions”