Circular and private chat

Got any ideas on how to improve the board? Let us know here!

Moderator: Jake

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Circular and private chat

Post by Rommeltje »

This may be a little redundant, :rolleyes: but...it's here! :yay:
Tightgloves

Post by Tightgloves »

I've seen it now. Beautiful!!! :)
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Nice addition, cheers for implementing that one Rommeltje :8up:

Just a brief heads up - it appears to occasionally have "issues" with Chrome. I couldn't view the forum last night until I changed to Firefox as the shoutbox posts were overlaid on all of the forum topics. Clearing the browser cache made no difference and I'm afraid that my Google-Fu was rather weak at the time in that I simply couldn't find any similar occurrences listed for this particular plug in. It may just be my own system (which is anything other than standard) but the only extension I run is Flashblock and, as the shoutbox and forum are PHP based, I can't see that being a root cause - particularly as I disabled it to test whether or not it was the case (sorry, software testing is one of the things I do regularly so when I see an issue I tend to go a touch further than most before mentioning it! :$ )
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Haha! Well, it seems you understand the whole workings of it a bit better than I do. ;) All I can tell you is that it did that for me as well the first few minutes (I was in Firefox), but it fixed itself eventually.

Keep us posted if you find out anything, 'cause apparently, the same thing happens in our prosilver board lay-out (which only Jake uses, but still :p).

*edit: It works fine for me on Chrome, so perhaps it's indeed something in your own system.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

I'm using Chrome lately as well, just not in the chat. No problems here viewing the main index.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Grim wrote:Nice addition, cheers for implementing that one Rommeltje :8up:

Just a brief heads up - it appears to occasionally have "issues" with Chrome. I couldn't view the forum last night until I changed to Firefox as the shoutbox posts were overlaid on all of the forum topics. Clearing the browser cache made no difference and I'm afraid that my Google-Fu was rather weak at the time in that I simply couldn't find any similar occurrences listed for this particular plug in. It may just be my own system (which is anything other than standard) but the only extension I run is Flashblock and, as the shoutbox and forum are PHP based, I can't see that being a root cause - particularly as I disabled it to test whether or not it was the case (sorry, software testing is one of the things I do regularly so when I see an issue I tend to go a touch further than most before mentioning it! :$ )
Similar issue, only happens when I view the full history, hit "Mini-Chat" at the top bar or use the prosilver theme (which is my preference).
Browser shouldn't make a difference.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Jake wrote:only happens when I view the full history, hit "Mini-Chat" at the top bar or use the prosilver theme
Or use the Prosilver theme? So the other things happen for you in WWGFormellA as well? That's very strange, as all of it works fine for me. In fact, it works fine for me if I try it in Prosilver too.

Hmm, I'm kinda stumped here. But perhaps you can find a solution on the internet? Have you tried that? Perhaps there's a clue on here somewhere.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”