Gloves from China

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

rayray

Gloves from China

Post by rayray »

Found the first 2 pairs (unlined) really common in Hong Kong street markets,
and the 2-tone gloves were bought online.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rayray

Re: Gloves from China

Post by rayray »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

:w00t: Where'd you buy the other two pairs? They look absolutely scrumptious! :)'
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Hmm the first unlined pair looks to be in excellent quality! Good to see different colours, I always see bright red and black gloves in HK, not sure if it's still the same these days!
rayray

Post by rayray »

Rommeltje wrote::w00t: Where'd you buy the other two pairs? They look absolutely scrumptious! :)'
The very last photo is the same pair as the very first photo...
rayray

Post by rayray »

gloveloverus wrote:Hmm the first unlined pair looks to be in excellent quality! Good to see different colours, I always see bright red and black gloves in HK, not sure if it's still the same these days!
The first unlined pair is indeed not bad, smooth and a bit thick,
the bright red and black gloves are still widely available, and no household gloves are sexier then those bright red ones when wet.
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

I like those bright red gloves too, but good to see other options are available. Is Marigold pink still available in HK? I knew they were big in the 80's but I think they are not as popular anymore.
rayray

Post by rayray »

gloveloverus wrote:I like those bright red gloves too, but good to see other options are available. Is Marigold pink still available in HK? I knew they were big in the 80's but I think they are not as popular anymore.
The bright red used to be in two types, lined and unlined, the unlined ones were out of production about 3 years ago,
and too bad I didn't keep a pair.
Also there are so many knock-offs version red gloves these days, and the authentic brand is "Double One",
usually HK$1-2 more than the knock-offs.

Marigolds are still available, even not as much as they used to be, but I can still get a pair easily,
they are in all grocery stores. (see the photo I just took this morning)
The market share was taken by the Chinese gloves, and I still miss Ansell when they have pink and blue households
and colorful disposables.
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Interesting enough Marigold pink gloves packaging hasn't really changed for a long time. I think I have a pair of double one red gloves, didn't know they have knock offs! Would love to try out the unlined red, too bad they were out of production. I have seen the black industrial gloves have lined version, are they more like the red? The black ones generally are one size too big for me.
rayray

Post by rayray »

gloveloverus wrote:Interesting enough Marigold pink gloves packaging hasn't really changed for a long time. I think I have a pair of double one red gloves, didn't know they have knock offs! Would love to try out the unlined red, too bad they were out of production. I have seen the black industrial gloves have lined version, are they more like the red? The black ones generally are one size too big for me.
Local business rather not change the package or product designs if they are proven popular,
both Marigold and Chinese bright red gloves didn't change their packages for 20+years.

Comparing Double One and knock-off red gloves, one will find Double One is more "firm", knock-offs
are inferior in both material and smell.

Yes, black industrial gloves are still available, and also come with knock-offs like the red ones.
Usually one will find these black ones wherever sell the red ones.
I used to have a pair of these black gloves, also Double One brand, unlined and felt one or one half size
larger than it supposed to be.
Saw some black gloves with orange-ish lining, still can be found these days but i never got a pair of these,
and Double One doesn't have this product.

btw, this is the Double One link, but I never see most of their products,
maybe only available in wholesale
http://www.11condom.com.cn/product-20.html

Return to “Encyglovepedia”