MAPA TechniMix - black (small!!!)

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

MAPA TechniMix - black (small!!!)

Post by Jake »

"You've done it Neville... You've found the Room of Requirement!"

I have finally found true love - MAPA. Of all the companies I have searched through for reasonably-priced and correctly sized black "heavy duty" gloves, I have always been disappointed until I found MAPA.

These are their "professionel" TechniMix gloves in a 6-6.5 and they fit perfectly. Comfortably lined and pretty heat resistant (I now use them for cooking when I need to stick my hand in boiling water), I give these a solid 9/10 (dropping one mark because they are a minute fraction too short at the palm area, but, as ever, I blame that on my stretched pianist fingers giving me irregular hands).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
glovedworker
Regular poster

Re: MAPA TechniMix - black (small!!!)

Post by glovedworker »

Are these glove chlorinated? I have a couple pairs of MAPA Technic gloves which are similar, if not identical, but they are really tacky. I tried chlorinating them, but it didn't seem to help.
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

Where did you get these from, Jake? I hope they're not chlorinated as that would be amazing - black tough gloves seem to always be chlorinated.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

KDS144 wrote:Where did you get these from, Jake? I hope they're not chlorinated as that would be amazing - black tough gloves seem to always be chlorinated.
Have you tried Spontex Technic 450's? They're black, tough, and lined. Some of my (relatively) new favorites.
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

Hmmm, they look tasty! I'll have to give them a go, thanks!!
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

KDS144 wrote:Where did you get these from, Jake? I hope they're not chlorinated as that would be amazing - black tough gloves seem to always be chlorinated.
I found them on a UK-based online hardwares supplier. I'm struggling to remember their name, but it's some short acronym... I guess that doesn't help! Very good prices for all their stuff though.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”