Casabella is back to normal

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

katertjekat
VIP

Casabella is back to normal

Post by katertjekat »

After the Greek manufacturer of Casabella gloves went bust, they had to search for a new factory, and they massively screwed up: bad lining, cheap rubber, sizes suddenly much smaller, etc.

But Casabella has been working on it, as you can see from the email they sent out a while ago:

"You were right.
The new Casabella Waterblock Gloves we reintroduced last year were not the same
gloves you fell in love with. We thought they were great and were sure you would like
them too. But we missed the mark.
Soon we started receiving some negative feedback. You told us the fit was not the same and the lining was not quite as soft. We looked at every negative review on Amazon, every tweet on Twitter, and every comment/post on Instagram and Facebook.
We took your feedback and went back to the factory on the sizing and the cotton
flocked lining. After months of trial and effort, we have improved the fit and feel of
the Casabella Waterblock gloves. You helped us change the gloves back to what
made you like them in the first place.
We think you’ll be happy with these new and improved gloves
and would love for you to give us another chance. "

So I just received the revised new Casabellas, and I can testify they are just great. Unlike the old classic Casabella's, they are still less chlorinated, but that's fine as they now come with a great rubber smell, very squeechy rubber (certainly when it gets wet :-) ), lining which is (almost) back to what it used to be, and correct sizing. Absolutely thrilled, and I can't wait to have my wife using them on me in bed :-)
IMG_20161018_042117.jpg
[img]IMG_20161018_042117.jpg[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gloveloverus
VIP

Re: Casabella is back to normal

Post by gloveloverus »

Hmm, that's a new colour too! How can you tell from the packaging if it's the nerve or old version?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Wow, that's commendable! :up:

Also:
katertjekat wrote:Absolutely thrilled, and I can't wait to have my wife using them on me in bed :-)
Please write that in a response to their mailing. :mrgreen:
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

gloveloverus wrote:Hmm, that's a new colour too! How can you tell from the packaging if it's the nerve or old version?
It's the third generation. The first generation are the Casabella's everyone knows and loves. Then their Greek factory ('Champion') went bust, and they had to find a new manufacturer. They found one, but the gloves were wrong sized, and the flock lining was of low quality. That was the second generation. So they had a good word with the manufacturer, and now they are producing generation 3, since July 2016 in red/pink, since 3 weeks ago in blue. Although they are now vastly better than the flunked generation 2 ones, they are not the same as the first generation. I, personally, find them now better, as I don't like too much chlorination, like in generation 1.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

gloveloverus wrote:Hmm, that's a new colour too! How can you tell from the packaging if it's the nerve or old version?
Sorry, forgot to answer your actual question: you can't see from the packagin whether it is generation 1, 2 or 3. Order through the Casabella.com website, and you'll have the 3rd generation. But in other web shops and stores, it might still be old 2nd generation stock.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Rommeltje wrote:Wow, that's commendable! :up:

Also:
katertjekat wrote:Absolutely thrilled, and I can't wait to have my wife using them on me in bed :-)
Please write that in a response to their mailing. :mrgreen:
I kind of did that once with Hunter, and they promptly banned me from their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and all sorts of other social media. That was a good laugh :-) Well, for three seconds...
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Thanks, in case I go and buy some, would like to know if they'd be the latest since gen 2 was smaller size!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Damn, that's a nice colour!!!!
enenenenene
Occasional poster

Post by enenenenene »

Are these gloves stocked on Amazon right now? (US) Can anyone confirm?

Return to “Encyglovepedia”