A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

KDS144
WWGFA donor

Marigold Lightweight G01R

Post by KDS144 »

IMG_1010.JPG
Hi All

I've been meaning to post a review of these for some time. I thought for a long time that these gloves had been discontinued a long time ago, but happily not. My first memory of these is as a small child in the '70's, so it was interesting to get hold of a pair after a member (forgive me, I can't remember who) posted about them. I bought mine from ebay - Mc Cormack Tools. I have a pair in small form my wife (not used yet) and medium for me.

I'm not a fan of Marigold gloves generally - they just don't do it for me, however these are different.

The medium are a perfect fit for me - close, but not too tight, and reasonably close fitting around the cuff, which I like. They have quite a strong smell, but because they are chlorinated, it's a different smell to natural latex - not as sweet. I don't like chlorinated gloves, so I've used mine for washing up for a while, which has given them a slightly more grippy feeling on the fingers and palms. That said, I put a hole in them fairly quickly, so had to retire them to the bedroom (shame!).

They have crinkly texture all over the hand, with smooth cuffs that have some fluting. The cuff is rolled. They feel very nice for touching with that texture. Being very thin, sensitivity is amazing. :p

They are flocklined, but don't have the usual white layer, so are red inside with a layer flock. It's fairly minimal, so shouldn't affect anyone allergic to flock.

Overall, these make a nice addition to my collection, having different qualities to many of my other gloves. A good buy for some fun, and also for delicate household tasks.

Image Image Image Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SexySurgical on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tigga76

Re: Marigold Lighteight G01R

Post by tigga76 »

Marigold Lightweight G01R was my first dishwashing glove, as I moved with my girlfriend (today since 13 years my wife) in our first appartment.
I prefered this glove becaus it has a little longer cuff (3 cm) since most of the Householdgloves. Nowadays I use 40cm (15") gloves for dishwahing.
The micro-rough surface gives a very good grip to dishes, I like it more then the usual gripping-pattern.

In Germany it is not easy to buy Marigold gloves, but after a long period I have found a seller of this memory.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Re: Marigold Lighteight G01R

Post by tronn206 »

Love these.:-)
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
tigga76

Re: Marigold Lightweight G01R

Post by tigga76 »

After a long break I used my first rinsing gloves, Marigold Lightweight G01R.

I am simply fascinated by the grip profile, it is only very small (hammer blow), but especially when wet it makes it very safe to hold dishes and thus beat most other gloves.
Actually, really the perfect glove to wash, I would still wish 10cm more cuff.
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

tigga76 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:59 pm ... I would still wish 10cm more cuff.

Try the Marigold Bathroom Gloves ... exactly the same mould used as for the Lightweight/G01R glove just a different colour rubber, thicker flock lining and a longer cuff ...

https://www.marigold.co.uk/product/long ... om-gloves/
italiglover
WWGFA Orderly

Post by italiglover »

One of my favorite gloves of all time.

wmowrg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:05 am

Try the Marigold Bathroom Gloves ... exactly the same mould used as for the Lightweight/G01R glove just a different colour rubber, thicker flock lining and a longer cuff ...

tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

In Germany very difficult to find, but I have ordered a pair in GB. I‘m exited, but I hope they won‘t much more thicker. I love the sensitivity of G01R.
majkic
Regular poster

Post by majkic »

I agree with much of what's been said here. These gloves are sensitive and lightweight, beautifullyshaped and (in a large size) fit me like almost no other glove. They're bang on a size 8, I'd say.

If only these were made in an unlined version (similar to the Featherweight Plus, which sadly uses a different mould and doesn't fit me nearly as well)... ...an unlined G01R would probably be THE glove for my hypothetical desert island! I even experimented - so far unsuccessfully - with some home chemistry experiments in an attempt to dissolve the cotton without harming the gloves. Caustic soda and cuprammonium hydroxide both failed. Any suggestions from chemistry experts out there?
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

I received my Marigold Bathroom Gloves from Great Britain today.
I think they are only comparable to the handle profile with the Marigold Lightweight G01R.
The inner coating does not match the G01R but the G359R. The material also makes a thicker impression, also comparable to the G359R.

Yes, the cuff is slightly longer but only about 3-4 cm (probably 1 inch), I would like the G01R with 10cm more, than 40cm / 15/16 inch glove. Too bad.
Since I prefer to stay with the G01R, which is easier to obtain in Germany and thus much cheaper.

tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

Gloves in action:

Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Encyglovepedia”