Mapa Industrial 298 [rubber gloves]

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Mapa Industrial 298 [rubber gloves]

Post by Rommeltje »

These are some of my new favorites. Bought from hygi.de (who ship to most countries in Europe), for €16,65 (excluding shipping costs). They're thick compared to regular household gloves, of course, but as industrial gloves go, they're actually relatively thin. According to the official product description(pdf), they're only 1mm, which is thinner than the least heavy duty Marigold Emperor gloves (which are 1.6mm).

Keep in mind that if you like your gloves real tight, and you don't have very big hands, you should probably skip these, as they only come in sizes 8,9 and 10, and the 8 isn't a tight fit for me, even though that's my regular size. Not a bad fit at all, but I can get them on without help from my other hand. Another thing that struck me was that the fingers, and especially the thumbs, are a little short. Nothing that bothered me too much, though.

Edit: Another thing about the fingers is that they're shaped into a bend, so that when you wear the gloves, your hand is automatically in a gripping position.

The gloves are completely smooth and are unlined. They're orange on the inside, so they're actually reversible.

What is a bit strange is that the dark blue coloring turns light blue if licked extensively (I usually 'lube' my gloves with my saliva when I use them), which had me worrying a bit whether I might be ingesting some chemicals when I do that. I've switched to actual lube for these gloves now, but if anyone knows what may be causing the discoloring, I'd love to hear it. :-)

Personal Appreciation Index (1-10):

Characteristics: Dark blue, orange on the inside
Material: Natural latex, chlorinated
Length: 16"/40 cm (officially 42, but I think that's with the fingers stretched out. They're actually bent in it's default shape.)
Thickness: 1mm
Size: a slightly roomy 8
Cuffs: Ribbed
Grip pattern: None
Lining: None

On to the pictures!

The packaging:

In this picture, the upper half is quite shiny. That's not what they originally looked like. I bought some Hunter boot shine recently, and decided to also try them on these gloves. But they're supposed to be a matte blue.

Turned inside out:

When worn (always the most difficult pictures to take :rolleyes:):
Image Image Image Image

Size comparison with a Playtex Handsavers glove:

Return to “Encyglovepedia”