KCL Camapren 722 - Not only the short version of 726

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

tigga76

KCL Camapren 722 - Not only the short version of 726

Post by tigga76 »

The Camapren 722 is not only a short version (30 cm / 12") of the Camapren 726 (40cm / 15").
The Camapren 722 glove has another cuffending (not straight) and they have a gripp patternd, the longer version has only a micro-rough surface. The gripp patternd is like the same of KCL Extra 702, which was discussed here in the past.

The material and comfort is the same like Camapren 726, you can get the 722 Version in red and black. Red is one of my favorite colors, so I bought the red Version for testing.
In comparison to KCL Extra 702, the Camapren 722 is quite thicker but not really a heavy duty glove. It is a robust household or chemical protection glove.

Image Image Image

My favorite stay the 40cm / 15" version, I wish they would offered in red also.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: KCL Camapren 722 - Not only the short version of 726

Post by Rommeltje »

Whut? 8-O I have these same exact gloves except for the writing on the cuffs. And I've had them for a very long time. These are the oldest pair I have, and I think the second (maybe even first) I ever bought for myself, at least 20 years ago. O_o I haven't worn them in a long time, but I recognized them instantly. I just dug to the bottom of my glove drawer to confirm my suspicion. :D

I never knew these were KCL gloves, though. Or perhaps they weren't, but then the company that made them must've become KCL later on or have been bought by them, because they are the same to the last detail.

I bought mine in a Dutch store (HEMA, the site of my 'first time buying gloves' debacle), and I always figured they were just store brand gloves. They stopped selling them not too much later, and all of the ones they sell now absolutely suck.

I have fond memories of these gloves! :w00t: Even though they were much too big for me back then (and actually still are now), as for some reason I got them in size 9½ (Extra Large). That opened up some interesting possibilities though (which I won't divulge here unless explicitly asked :rolleyes:).

Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane! :up: And for all this information of course. :)
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

a few more details for the "Memory Lane"

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Thanks! :D

I think I'll get these as part of my next batch. The cuffs are too short for my liking, but I've always wanted to know what they're like in a proper size. Plus, I used to love their scent. Would love to find out if they still smell like that.
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

Rommeltje wrote:I have fond memories of these gloves! :w00t: Even though they were much too big for me back then (and actually still are now), as for some reason I got them in size 9½ (Extra Large). That opened up some interesting possibilities though (which I won't divulge here unless explicitly asked :rolleyes:
I’m guessing that involved wearing them somewhere other than your hands? :o :rofl:
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

KDS144 wrote:
Rommeltje wrote:I got them in size 9½ (Extra Large). That opened up some interesting possibilities though (which I won't divulge here unless explicitly asked :rolleyes:
I’m guessing that involved wearing them somewhere other than your hands? :o :rofl:
Something like that. :$ :mrgreen:

Return to “Encyglovepedia”