Unlined Ansell (Boots) Dumor rubber gloves

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

majkic
Regular poster

Unlined Ansell (Boots) Dumor rubber gloves

Post by majkic »

Just wanted to flag up I found a seller in Germany with a lot of these. Not branded "Ansell" as such but I have some original Boots gloves in the same size from the 1980's and these are IDENTICAL. See post in the Marketplace for more info. not one for Mrs. Uni, I know (sorry!) but for sure Mr Bassman might be interested!

Anyone know how I can post some pics here, without having to go onto a separate photo site?
Last edited by majkic on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Ansell (Boots) Dumors found!

Post by Rommeltje »

majkic wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:18 amAnyone know how I can post some pics here, without having to go onto a separate photo site?
That functionality was disabled because it was generating too much traffic for our old server. Now that we are on a new server, however, I guess I can turn it on again. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Word of advice though: uploading via an external site like Imagebam is much more efficient than doing it through the forum, especially if you want to post a lot of images at once.
majkic
Regular poster

Post by majkic »

Thank you Rom!

And here, then, are some photos - quickly snapped whilst I've a few minutes home alone!

You just might need to sign in to Flickr to see these - sorry if so, for now this is the only photo site I'm signed up for. And incidentally there are a few other, much older, glove pics of mine still there - worth a glance for unlined glovers :-)

i just love the translucency and texture of these gloves, the feeling of them inside-out is by far the best I've had for a long time, maybe ever! The shiny inside, incidentally, comes only from the smoothness of the rubber - I've not used any oil or polish ! Size-wise the gloves are more like a modern large / 8.5 than a 9; still a bit large for me but OMG are these heavenly to feel and stroke with! So SMOOOOOOTH...!!! Actually they have just a tiny bit of texture on the smooth inside, thanks to the roughend outside influencing the smooth inside just a tiny bit through the thickness of the rubber. This means you can really feel them on your skin :w00t: .

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm in glove heaven with these, I already bought two boxes of 20 pairs... ...but these are so good I just might need to stock up a bit more! 8D
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Could you share the seller with us?! I'm also interested!
majkic
Regular poster

Post by majkic »

The seller is on eBay Germany (ebay.de), user ID schneehase2012.

Presently she has three lots of these gloves listed, ebay item numbers 264063637104 and 264094829746 (both 20 pairs) and 264094829723 (10 pairs). You may need to go to ebay.de to find them, but she seems to ship world-wide. Happy shopping, I hope you like them as much as I do, if you buy some. I can't leave them alone!
katertjekat
VIP

Re: Unlined Ansell (Boots) Dumor rubber gloves

Post by katertjekat »

Thanks!! I have a few pairs of those, but only on small and my wife wears medium.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Can't believe they still make these, they were the first rubber gloves I ever owned a pair of when I was about 6. Never liked the colour/transparency thing!
majkic
Regular poster

Post by majkic »

Thankfully they still *do* for those of us who value the silky feeling of unlined rubber above all else! Interesting isn't it how we all like different aspects of rubber gloves. I do absolutely agree that in HH gloves, appearance-wise there's little to compete with a good-fitting pair of Marigolds - especially their G01R red lightweights which fit so beautifully and look fantastic. If only they'd make a version without the horrid cotton inside...

My other half had a major birthday last year and one of her very attractive friends came to stay. As well as being great fun and a lovely person, she also has a fantastic body, without any concessions for being a more mature (late 50's) lady; and the sight of her washing up in a short skirt, high heels and a new pair of snug-fitting yellow Marigolds had me (hopefully not too obviously) hard , dry-mouthed and shaking slightly! Too bad I couldn't reasonably take photo to share here (my other half, who happily tolerates my rubber fetish, would guess my interest was not purely social!) but wow, what a memory!

Return to “Encyglovepedia”