Glove Care

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Are you wearing gloves right now?

Post by Ceramic »

Latex care question.

could it be that chlorinated long (shoulder) fetish gloves might get in time and under massive hit - not-chlorinated? (weird question i know)

as others know,i stash my gloves collection in a backpack,in my car's trunk (wont put in home lol,afraid for someone to find out :P)

so i was playing around with the collection,and i tried on a pair of shoulder latex gloves which arnt chlorinated.

took a lil time and struggle but iv put them on successfully.

then i moved on to the chlorinated ones,and i had to struggle a bit as well with them to put on :(

could it be that the hit in the car with long time no usage (months) damaged them in a way?

or maybe the chimicals involved chlorinating got fade away somehow ?
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

(Rommeltje, any chance mine and Ceramic's posts can be moved to the Glove Care thread?)

Definitely not the right place but I'll answer anyway - not as far as I'm aware. AFAIK the chlorination process changes the upper layer of the latex to something with a chemical composition closer to neoprene than latex. Unless you seriously abrade it all over the surface layer stays that way.

However, anything petroleum based and latex don't mix at all so if there was a less than perfectly sealed fuel can - none of them seal perfectly, vapour always escapes - in there with them (doesn't matter if it's mostly or completely empty, there's still enough vapour present to ignite) then it really won't have done them much good. The surface will lose the shine, start to feel slightly sticky and after that they'll just shred completely.

Other than that all I can say is that although chlorinated latex is easier to put on, it still requires more effort than any other material.
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Grim wrote:(Rommeltje, any chance mine and Ceramic's posts can be moved to the Glove Care thread?)
Done and done! :up:
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Re: Glove Care

Post by Ceramic »

thanks for the move ;)

Grim,yeah they have started to lose their black color on the upper layer...but it kinda got sorted after i washed them with just cold water,and put bit lube - shine got back :)

oh well i can't complain as i'v got huge arms :D and now even XL won't fit me :P

guess my future wife\gf will have to work a bit ;)
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Ceramic, I'd give them a wash in a light detergent as well just to be sure - something like washing up liquid should be fine but not 100% on that (80% with a bit of wiggle room) as I found out the effects after it was too late for me to prevent any further damage to a pair of mine :(

I've never owned more than two pairs of fetish latex gloves at once but I swear I've gone through more of them than any other kind by finding out all of the dumb things to do to them! :'(
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

i dont care,if its up to me i might even throw them away (or ship for free to any1 here who wants em) :)

a pair costs just about 20-22gbp inc shipping from latexessence or another UK guy on ebay (in both cases,chlorinated) :)
12man34

Post by 12man34 »

For me, I immediately placed all of my latex gloves into a zip-lock bag (whilst ensuring there was very little air in the bag) to ensure the gloves stay fresh.

I tried an experiment (lasted for a month) where I left one pair of gloves in the open air and compared the gloves. Those in the bag did not stink as much as those outside and were much easier to don :nod: (plus point if you hate sticky, stinky gloves like myself). Hope this tip works, if it does not it could be because of differing climates (mine's being VERY warm and humid).

Do take caution in taking out powdered gloves; the powder can disperse into the air and into your eyes if bag is opened hastily...
LeatherRebel75
Occasional poster

Post by LeatherRebel75 »

For my leather gloves, I can clean them with a simple glycerin soap that you can find at many craft stores. Only use a minimum amount of water to dampen the gloves (a cheap spray bottle will work), rub the soap in with a damp cloth, then wipe the soap off with another clean, damp cloth. If you use too much water, the gloves may shrink.

For conditioning, a bootblack friend of mine turned me on to Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Preservative. I was using neatsfoot oil prior, but the Obenauf's is a cream, and it not only works beautifully, but it smells amazing. For quick cleaning and refreshing, I have a canister of Lexol Leather Quick Care wipes. They actually do a surprisingly good job in a pinch. You can find both the Obenauf's and the Lexol wipes on Amazon or eBay.
Wear your kink with pride and visit my kinky merch store
https://www.redbubble.com/people/Leathe ... shop?asc=u
guy_that_shares
Occasional poster

Post by guy_that_shares »

I've found with leather gloves that different ways of finishing the leather makes it either easy or difficult to maintain the softness and well being of the leather. Also whether the edges of the leather are folded and sewn inside the seam or overlapping the seam where they can absorb moisture. I have some that my wife has used on me and her that the edge by the thumb seam will get stiff and I'll usually try to reserve those to dry play and use the ones that seem to repel moisture better for more serious play. Theres even a few pair we have that she has used to make quite a few guys cum with over the years that only get a wipe with a damp cloth between sessions and they still feel great and supple.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

I guess with 'hit' you are actually meaning 'heat'.
By all means, rubber and heat are not going well together. Rubber/latex, chlorinated or not, should always be kept in a cool place, out of direct (sun) light as well. Heat and (UV) sun light ruins rubber and latex.
Also never ever use oil based lubes together with rubber/latex gloves, it breaks the rubber.
Ceramic wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:51 pm Latex care question.

could it be that chlorinated long (shoulder) fetish gloves might get in time and under massive hit - not-chlorinated? (weird question i know)

as others know,i stash my gloves collection in a backpack,in my car's trunk (wont put in home lol,afraid for someone to find out :P)

so i was playing around with the collection,and i tried on a pair of shoulder latex gloves which arnt chlorinated.

took a lil time and struggle but iv put them on successfully.

then i moved on to the chlorinated ones,and i had to struggle a bit as well with them to put on :(

could it be that the hit in the car with long time no usage (months) damaged them in a way?

or maybe the chimicals involved chlorinating got fade away somehow ?

Return to “Encyglovepedia”