Glove Care

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Glove Care

Post by Grim »

I'm not sure if a topic has already been raised about this, the search timed out on me while I was trying to check.

Does anyone have any tips they would care to share regarding looking after their gloves?

I have one for leather which I'd almost forgotten about until yesterday. I bought a pair of vintage gloves from Ebay which I found to be a touch on the small side as the leather had no give left and was almost papery in texture. The answer to this? Moisturiser - E45 in my case but apparently any good one works just as well. The end result is a pair of gloves I thought unwearable getting some life back in them. It's not an immediate result as it takes time to soak in but it's worked impressively well thus far.
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
glovemansion
Fetish Liza - Glovely Diva

Re: Glove Care

Post by glovemansion »

Vitamine E cream works indeed, I use leather polisher for leather sofas on my leather gloves. Just spray it on, let it soak and polish.
Careful with it though on light colors as it may stain. To liven up colors, use a shoe polish in the same shade.

Latex gloves I wash with a mild detergent, lay to dry, turn inside out and use latex polisher available in latex shops.

Household gloves I simply put in the washing machine on handwash mode. Same with satin ones.
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Thanks for that, I've always been a touch cautious where latex gloves have been concerned as I've had some bad experiences with them in the past. Sounds like I'm not far wrong with a sink full of warm, soapy water then!

I've had one tip passed to me in the past that I've not yet had the need to try - apparently lighter fluid is quite effective at removing stains from lighter coloured leather. I plan on trying this over the next week as my white gloves picked up a wine stain. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Grim wrote:Apparently lighter fluid is quite effective at removing stains from lighter coloured leather. I plan on trying this over the next week as my white gloves picked up a wine stain. I'll let everyone know how it goes.
Just make sure you don't jerk off too hard afterwards. You never know what may happen if you get friction burn. O_o ;)

I've made this topic a sticky, btw. Questions like this pop up once in a while, so it might be useful to keep this thread on top.
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Just so you know, lighter fluid will remove the stains from white or cream gloves but it doesn't half stink!

@Rommeltje: They're vintage leather with fur cuffs, snuggle is far more likely than jerk :P
smoothshaper
Occasional poster

Post by smoothshaper »

I've found it useful to dust my hands lightly with corn starch (you can get this cheap at any supermarket) before putting on latex gloves. This helps them slide on more easily and prevents them from ripping while you're trying to put them on, especially when dealing with tight-fitting gloves.
gloveman4499
Regular poster

Post by gloveman4499 »

A Pair of my "more used" leather gloves are kind of losing their nice leathery smell. I have even put them neatly inside a pair of my stromger smelling leather pants to re-ignite their smell. LOL :D
Where is the best place to store my leather gloved collection ?? I have pairs everywhere... in the car, garage [for those "spur" of the moment times], bedroom [main collection kept close of course], even the laundry !
Cheers ;)

Jade
Put the Love in Glove and leather is always better ;)
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Storage I honestly don't know about, my collection lives in a drawer in the wardrobe so I can keep them laid out flat.

As far as getting the smell back is concerned you could try Nikwax. I'm not sure of the availability over there but they make both a leather cleaner and waterproofer, the latter of which definitely used to give that "new leather" smell. It's been a while since I last used it so I'm not sure if that's still the case but it's worth a try.
glovemansion
Fetish Liza - Glovely Diva

Post by glovemansion »

I keep my leather gloves (colour per colour) in a big cartboard box, like you can buy at Ikea, so the leather is dry but can breath. Never store them in airtight plastic bags or they will get fungus infected. For the new leather smell, I use a leather lotion bought at any supermarket or even Lidl, it is white and milky.
Don't wipe your leather gloves off with wet wipes after you have cum on them, use dry paper first, or you will wipe away the leather oils, colour and smell.
gloveman4499
Regular poster

Post by gloveman4499 »

Thanks for the reply guys.
I will check out to see if I can find Lidl locally...
I have a few leather pairs I prefer to keep away from my wife's privates as they are classed as my favourites and are of great quality etc.
I do have others leatheries I use on a daily basis for masturbating and sexual activity which I will now clean with tissue paper or similar sift dry paper. Thanks again and I will let you know.
I too have my gloves in draws and in a cupboard, but tend to leave them laying around the house... What can I say ??... I LOVE seeing my gloves at every chance I get lol.
Put the Love in Glove and leather is always better ;)

Return to “Encyglovepedia”