Marigold Extra Long Bathroom Gloves (Household Latex)

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Marigold Extra Long Bathroom Gloves (Household Latex)

Post by Rommeltje »

These aren't American, obviously, they're from the UK.

Image Image
Marigold Extra Long Bathroom Gloves (bought in a Tesco Metro in London).

Personal appreciation index (1-10):

Characteristics:
  • Good fit
    Mint green
    Longer cuffs
    Rolled cuffs
    Cotton lined
    Size M
Last edited by Rommeltje on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Labeled 'em wrong
glvluv
Regular poster

Re: Marigold Extra-Life Kitchen Gloves (Household Latex)

Post by glvluv »

We can't get these in the United States, is that the only color they come in? They look like the gloves I've seen someone from Southern Charms (SC) wearing in red.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

There used to be Marigolds which were red, and they were very similar (except perhaps for the shorter cuff). I don't think those are sold anymore. This model comes only in this color, as far as I know. The other colors are different models.

Someone from the UK might be able to give you more accurate information, though. :vv:
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Regarding the red lightweight gloves, Tesco seem to have brought out what feels like an identical glove in dark blue which you can get in packs of 3 pairs called Daisy.

Quite a different glove to the bathroom ones which are thicker and have a long slim fit cuff unlike the lightweights which are a loose fit.
Classy_Katy
Glovely Diva

Re: Marigold Extra Long Bathroom Gloves (Household Latex)

Post by Classy_Katy »

I'm in the UK and have only found the Bathroom Marigolds in green...love the colour :biggrin:
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

The current red lightweight gloves are actually quite similar to the bathroom gloves, and have long cuffs. I haven't seen them for a couple of years - last time was in an independent hardware store local to me. Years ago, they were very different with a much thinner lining (from memory - I was pretty young!) that didn't look white - they almost looked unlined, but had a slight flocking to them.

Gloveloverus - I know the gloves you mean from Tesco (I've had some), but I don't believe they are like the Marigold gloves at all - fit, feel and smell are all different.

I have to admit that like Rom, I am not a huge fan of Marigold gloves, mainly because they are chlorinated which makes them too hard and inflexible in my opinion.
Classy_Katy
Glovely Diva

Post by Classy_Katy »

I like Marigolds simply because there are Marigolds...it's that memory from childhood.

I recently bought some rubber gloves from Sainsbury's, in different colours...I haven't opened them yet but I feel a bit "hmm...they're not Marigolds" about it.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

My favorite UK gloves atm are probably the waterstops from M&S, although you can't really call those UK gloves, since they're almost exactly the same as the American Casabellas.

I would still really like to try the Bizzybee Elegance gloves, though. And their new polka dot patterned gloves look nice too. They seem very shiny, almost like Asian gloves, but they're also quite short, unfortunately. Apparently, they're stocked at Sainsbury's. You haven't happened to have bought these, have you, Katy?

As for Marigolds, as I've said before, the heavy duty Emperor gloves are still high on my wishlist. And it's a wish that will be fulfilled very soon. ;)
Classy_Katy
Glovely Diva

Post by Classy_Katy »

I haven't bought the Bizzybee ones but I have been looking at them...they look fun! I may have to buy some now...
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

Bizzybee Elegance gloves are quite good - unlined with that heart pattern grip. Very smooth on the inside and overall they fit nicely with my hands.

Return to “Encyglovepedia”