Marigold Extra-Life Kitchen Gloves (Household Latex)

A user generated wiki section for all glove related information

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Marigold Extra-Life Kitchen Gloves (Household Latex)

Post by Rommeltje »

Another UK pair.

Image Image
Marigold Extra-Life Kitchen Gloves (bought in a Tesco Metro in London).

Personal appreciation index (1-10):

Characteristics:
  • Good fit
    Yellow
    Rolled cuffs
    Short
    Cotton lined
    Size M
Rubrglvlvr
WWGFA donor

Re: Marigold Extra Long Bathroom Gloves (Household Latex)

Post by Rubrglvlvr »

You have these and the green marigolds mixed up. Yellow is kitchen, green is bathroom.
I love rubber gloves!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Marigold Extra-Life Kitchen Gloves (Household Latex)

Post by Rommeltje »

:o Oh! You're right! Now how did that happen? :-)

Thanks! I fixed it now.
marigoldmilfs
VIP

Post by marigoldmilfs »

they are my favourite rubber gloves. why did you only give them a score of 3 on your personal appreciation ?
Rubberlicious Milfs (-:, my dream to be hand smothered by amanda donohoe in yellow kitchen "marigold" gloves
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Because I was kind of dissapointed with them, I'm sorry to say. The cuffs were way too short, the material wasn't very 'rubbery' and too thin for my liking, and I'm just not very fond of rolled cuffs in general. The only good thing was that they had a rather good fit, but that was all. I was expecting a lot of these gloves, but I've had far better ones, so I just had to give them a low grade. :-/ I'm not bashing the Marigold brand. For example, I still think the Marigold Emperor gloves will be absolutely amazing (again, that's what I expect, but I can't imagine them being a letdown), and I'm guessing that the previous versions of their kitchen gloves were a lot better, but these just didn't do it for me.

Have you tried many other brands?
marigoldmilfs
VIP

Post by marigoldmilfs »

I have tried most uk supermarkets rubber gloves and agree there is gloves out their made out of better rubber, but my number one priority in a household glove is the fit, and if a person has the correct size marigold nothing better on the hand and arm. The length of the cuff is pretty short but I think that must be a uk thing because of the rubber glove brands have short cuffs. Good write up rom
Rubberlicious Milfs (-:, my dream to be hand smothered by amanda donohoe in yellow kitchen "marigold" gloves
KDS144
WWGFA donor

Post by KDS144 »

I agree with marigoldmilfs regarding fit, but I have to say I'm with Romm on Marigold extra life. They've never done it for me - the rubber is too hard and they are too short. I much prefer the softer feel of Spontex gloves. I was brought up with Marigold gloves and I think the older ones were much better. They are everywhere here in the UK, and seem to be the 'Hoover' of the rubber glove world - the default choice, and people often refer to rubber gloves as Marigolds even if they are not that brand.
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

I was grew up with Marigold pink gloves, sadly I was told they're no longer manufactured and this is back like 25+ years ago. I know when the two-tone Marigold kitchen gloves first came out, I was trying to get a pair to try them out. A bit of a disappointment as they're somewhat thicker or not the same feel as the pink ones.

Spontex gloves have been playing a fairly part these days, unfortunately I have to mail order them from UK a lot and they get expensive, but they feel great especially medium size gives a snug fit.

However, if I had to choose, for some reason Marigold pink would still win! Probably becuase that's the glove I grew up with. Or I guess the first time ever I tried household gloves touching my cock, best part they were stolen!
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

I received Marigold Extra Life-Kitchen by mail from the UK for the first time today.

Since there are few pictures of the glove, I uploaded some again.
Personally, the gloves in Size Medium (7.5 according to cuff) are a bit tight (same problem as in Marigold Bathroom and Marigold Classic), whereas the Marigold Lightweight in medium (also 7.5 according to cuff) fit perfectly.
I also like the grip profile of the lightweigt and the bathroom much better than this standard profile. Both in "private use" it is more pleasant and in the household when gripping wet objects or objects with wet gloves.

For me personally, certainly no new order.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

gloveloverus wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:04 pm I was grew up with Marigold pink gloves, sadly I was told they're no longer manufactured and this is back like 25+ years ago. I know when the two-tone Marigold kitchen gloves first came out, I was trying to get a pair to try them out. A bit of a disappointment as they're somewhat thicker or not the same feel as the pink ones.

Spontex gloves have been playing a fairly part these days, unfortunately I have to mail order them from UK a lot and they get expensive, but they feel great especially medium size gives a snug fit.

However, if I had to choose, for some reason Marigold pink would still win! Probably becuase that's the glove I grew up with. Or I guess the first time ever I tried household gloves touching my cock, best part they were stolen!
The pink Marigolds! I think they were the 'Extra' thicker ones back in the 1980's, the yellow glove was the 'Fleur' and the red ones were the lightweights for dishwashing. Cumfies make a fairly accurate version of the pink Marigolds, I got lots of the at Wilco some time ago if that's any help.

By the way, which Spontex gloves do you get?

Return to “Encyglovepedia”