A Long Awaited Shopping Trip

Show off your glove collection here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

A Long Awaited Shopping Trip

Postby MyHandsAreHidden » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:46 am

I hadn't bought any new gloves in quite a while, but that changed today. I wanted new nitrile exam gloves, and I also wanted to broaden my taste and venture a bit towards the reusable household style. Now, I'm a pretty methodical shopper who doesn't really enjoy browsing too much. I did my research to make certain that each store had what I wanted... on hand. :lmao: I'm so sorry. The total price for this haul was a little over $35, with the MidKnight making up the majority of it.

http://i.imgur.com/4AgH5Aeh.jpg

I am snobbish when it comes to buying exam gloves, so I purchased a box of Microflex MidKnight from an auto parts store. I tend to stick to brands I trust, and I've been wearing Microflex since I was around 12 years old. I'd never tried this particular style before, but they are just as tight and comfortable as every Microflex product I've worn. I'll likely wear these for cleaning and chores for the next few weeks.

http://i.imgur.com/a3PfdFTh.jpg

For the teal 3M nitrile gloves, I went to the home improvement store I work for. These aren't your typical household rubber gloves, and are meant for solvent use. I have to admit, I wasn't holding my breath when I donned them, but they actually feel pretty nice. They are flock lined, which is way different than my usual exam gloves. As a negative, they are also rather heavy due to their intended purpose. Still, I'm glad I bought them.

http://i.imgur.com/SD0itjGh.jpg

As I was picking out the 3M gloves, I glanced at the Venom splash protection ones. I had been eyeing them for a while at work, but the "one size fits most" kept me wary. However, in the heat of the moment, I abandoned my logical approach to shopping and grabbed a box of them as well. On a preemptive note, these are extremely thick and have a strong latex smell- they may be disposable, but they are NOT exam gloves. Extended cuff latex gloves are always fun to wear, but these miss the mark a bit due to the aforementioned sizing nonsense. My wrists are quite small and are swallowed up by these gloves. For a product meant to keep you safe from chemicals, you'd think having them fit well would be a priority. I likely won't buy them again, but I'll enjoy them while they last.

http://i.imgur.com/N66Rrh6h.jpg

If you have any questions or want another picture of one of the gloves, please ask! I'd very much like to hear people's opinions if they've tried any of these gloves, or have a recommendation for me to try. :whoop:
MyHandsAreHidden
Occasional poster

Reputation point: 7
Glove Enthusiast

Re: A Long Awaited Shopping Trip

Postby randomguy1435 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:45 am

Very nice collection. I've interested in getting some black latex Microflex gloves, but I agree Microflex is super expensive. Microflex makes one like your Venom gloves, but they're actually quite good. They're the Safegrips, blue latex with extended cuff.
randomguy1435
Regular poster

Reputation point: 13
Glove Lover

Postby MyHandsAreHidden » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:35 am

randomguy1435 wrote:Very nice collection. I've interested in getting some black latex Microflex gloves, but I agree Microflex is super expensive. Microflex makes one like your Venom gloves, but they're actually quite good. They're the Safegrips, blue latex with extended cuff.

Thanks for the recommendation! :8up: I would very much like to try SafeGrip.

I wouldn't say Microflex is super expensive for their quality, but they are rarely sold in traditional stores, meaning unless you buy in bulk, the shipping for online orders makes them costly. Advance Auto Parts sells MidKnight and Diamond Grip on location, and they offer significant discounts (20-30%) for ordering online/pick up in store. This way, each box comes in at around $14. I also buy gloves from SmartPractice, a medical supply site, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you're buying a whole case at a time. If you want Microflex black latex, go with Black Dragon. You can PM me if you have any other questions.
MyHandsAreHidden
Occasional poster

Reputation point: 7
Glove Enthusiast

Postby randomguy1435 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:06 pm

MyHandsAreHidden wrote:Thanks for the recommendation! :8up: I would very much like to try SafeGrip.

I wouldn't say Microflex is super expensive for their quality, but they are rarely sold in traditional stores, meaning unless you buy in bulk, the shipping for online orders makes them costly. Advance Auto Parts sells MidKnight and Diamond Grip on location, and they offer significant discounts (20-30%) for ordering online/pick up in store. This way, each box comes in at around $14. I also buy gloves from SmartPractice, a medical supply site, but I wouldn't recommend that unless you're buying a whole case at a time. If you want Microflex black latex, go with Black Dragon. You can PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the suggestion. And yeah, the quality is always worth it. I've ordered from https://www.northernsafety.com/ before which was okay, but shipping wasn't that cheap. Amazon is a decent place to order, but I have trouble since I'm in Canada.
randomguy1435
Regular poster

Reputation point: 13
Glove Lover

Return to Glove collections