Do you experience ASMR?

For those who love the head orgasm, any glove-related ASMR videos may be posted here!

Moderator: Toti

Do you experience ASMR?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 52

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Do you experience ASMR?

Post by Jake »

You may have noticed my ASMRchive which houses glove-related videos from YouTube which have been shared by many members of the forum. If you've ever wondered what it is, read on!

For those of you who are unaware of the phenomenon, ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) is an experience which has been popularised through (if not discovered through) the Internet in the last few years. It is a feeling which I can best describe as a tingling, or sometimes pulsing (if extremely strong) feeling in one's body. It is generally felt in the (back of the) head, but can also be felt in the back or other regions. You shouldn't confuse it with frisson, which is a different feeling and triggered by different stimuli. In short, it's a completely harmless and extremely relaxing sensation.

The feeling of ASMR can be triggered through various objects or motions. The triggers are different for everyone, but the most common triggers tend to be the tapping or scratching of certain surfaces; keyboard typing; whispered voices, and natural sounds. Unfortunately, not everybody can experience this feeling. As solid scientific research has rarely, if at all, been carried out on ASMR, it's not currently known why some people don't feel it. If you do, HURRAY!

I first experienced this sensation around ten years ago whilst watching a TV show, where a keyboard was being used. I remember recording the episode (it was ChuckleVision, recorded on a VCR, if you're taking notes) and re-watching that little clip just to get this relaxing feeling in my head. Obviously, as a young child, I thought I was the only one in the whole world experiencing this feeling. It wasn't until three years ago that I, for whatever reason, remembered that episode and started researching the feeling I used to get in my head. I then discovered many keyboard typing videos on YouTube and became addicted to what I now know as ASMR.

So, how about the board? Do you experience this sensation as well? If you are unsure, give the video below a go. It has some of the most powerful triggers I have ever experienced, so it may well work for you:
If you click this link, the video will automatically start at what I believe to be the most powerful part.

Please let me know if you experience it for the first time; I'd love to hear about your reactions!

Cheers
withmygloveson
Occasional poster

Re: Do you experience ASMR?

Post by withmygloveson »

I havent noticed any tingling yet but I just find the sound of him tapping his fingers on the glass jar very pleasing... same thing with the woden blocks, there is something very "intoxicating" about it but I dont feel it physically...

Are there different levels of ASMR experience? I mean can you train yourself to experience it better?
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

withmygloveson wrote:Are there different levels of ASMR experience? I mean can you train yourself to experience it better?
It really depends on how calm you are before you start listening to/watching the video. If your head is buzzing with information and songs are still echoing in your mind you probably won't have a very powerful experience until you settle down.

I suppose you can train yourself to blank your mind. If you just focus on what you're listening to and watching you should find the ASMR kicks in!

Some things affect me a lot more than others. Certain triggers are really powerful for me, but that isn't the case for everyone. Some people get tingles from things I don't. Experimenting with different videos and different video makers will help you gauge which triggers work best for you :)
metaltemplar21
Occasional poster

Post by metaltemplar21 »

"Experiencing the sensation" is an understatement for me. Crinkling plastic, crinkling paper, soft whispering, sticky sounds, clinking domino pieces, and
most of all latex and leather gloves, are all triggers for me. I'm pretty sure there are some I'm missing, but oh well. The gloves are a huge one for me, on
par with crinkling plastic and paper. If I can see it AND hear it, I nearly always get tingles around my face, the back of my neck, upper legs, and recently
shoulders and spine. There have been times where I feel the tingles almost in overpowering waves. :D
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Have to say I was pretty sceptical about this but what the heck, I gave it a go and yes, as far as I'm concerned I was getting a tingly pulsing sensation, mainly in my back, a nice tingly, not sexual. Relaxing more than anything, the tapping seemed to be the most likely to elicit a reaction.

I wonder if there is a connection regarding sensation and sensuality (not in a sexual way, more in a hyper touch related way). Would glove fetishists tend to 'get' this because we are already hard wired to respond to subtle gradations of touch, sound etc. that non fetishist types might just not perceive or be aware of?
DialGforGloves
Regular poster

Post by DialGforGloves »

I personally don't experience it, though this guy whose video you embedded maintains that everybody is able to. My mind is generally very active, so if experiencing ASMR depends on your being mentally relaxed, achieving that state is harder for me. But I hear it's pretty awesome, so I hope to one day! In the meantime, I find a lot of ASMR videos very relaxing in general.

I also just found that this person has at least one ASMR roleplay video where he dons medical gloves for an ear examination. As a straight female fetishist...eep! <3
"Hallelujah, praise to the brave and insane!"
HeavyGloves
Regular poster

Post by HeavyGloves »

I experience it through a variety of means.

First time I ever experienced it, I was sitting getting my hair trimmed, of all places! The soft vibration from the electric buzz cutter, (which was a rather quiet hummmmm sound but the electricity flowing thru the small transformer could be heard as well) sort of seemed to tickle me when it was focused around the area directly behind my right ear.

It was not until I purchased my first inflatable Orca whale (I am an Inflatables Enthusiast as well) and partially inflated it, and sat on it, when I put two-and-two together, regarding external stimulus combined with frequency and harmonic of the fundamental frequency used. Big soft inflatable toys tend to give off low vibrational frequencies, the soft thick vinyl gives way to a most pleasurable feeling, the soft smoothness of the big toy, sinking into the big toy when air is being pushed out, combined with sounds of frequency, gives rise to a very ticklish response in my body, particularly along the right side of my hip, and around the back area, its like a light featherish tickle that goes up all the way from the base of my spine to my ears.

Then a few years after that, I experimented with a huge inflatable Dragon I purchased, by : Centering the big dragon between 4 large speakers
Playing loud low frequency “Om” chanting from Tibet combined with singing harmonic bowls. The effect was, when I placed that big soft cuddlable cutie dragon on top of me, and pressed his paws to my sides and my head, a very amazing thing happened, full ASMR trigger into a happy state of consciousness, I could feel every chant from the voices, transferred by harmonic waves through the vinyl and shape of the dragon, into my skin. It had a magnifying effect, and was HIGHLY therapeutic. Recommend others to experiment on that when possible.

Today before heading off to sleep, i had this nice soft pair of size 11 industrial rubber gloves in bed with me. One of my favourite things to do is just softly rub my face and cheeks against a soft smooth rubber palm, and have the glove gently caress my cheek and ears. I placed my head in between both gloves, so their fingers gently caressed my cheeks and ears, and i softly started to rub my cheek, over and over again, in the same soft gentle fashion. After the 6th soft rub, my senses began to get stimulated. Heart rate increased, temperature went up half a degree, and i was rock hard. But also that tingly ticklish feeling was back, I softly moaned and I rubbed my face against those soft gloves over and over and over. I think that what did it was the soft “shushhhhh” ing sound of the smooth rubber glove palm, caressing my cheek, combined with how close its location was to my right ear, was what instilled the full ASMR response. It was very relaxing and deep and good, I highly recomment others to experiment as much as possible because ASMR is a gift. Use it wisely and with self-love ^^
IRREDESCENT_WOLF
Occasional poster

Post by IRREDESCENT_WOLF »

Asmr is great
Thesauce
Occasional poster

Post by Thesauce »

ASMR is awesome, been watching since the Cutebunny992 era.

I love percussive sounds such as tapping and rough ear cleaning, but dislike continuous sounds like paper tearing, ear cupping or fluffy mics. I much prefer soft spoken to whispers. The most ASMR-y languages for me are Italian and Japanese, while the least ones are French and Chinese.

Little warning: you might get addicted.
MOZASMR
Glovely Diva

Post by MOZASMR »

No one gives me the tingles quite like Whispersred's channel.

Does this video give you tingles?

Return to “ASMRchive”