How do you bring up the glove fetish?

The home of all the polls on the forum

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

How do you bring up the glove fetish to your girlfriend/boyfriend?

I tell her/him right at the start of the relationship
22%
I drop little hints allowing her/him to figure it out
29%
I wait until I'm well in the relationship to bring it up
35%
I only bring it up if they ask me about it
6%
I don't tell her/him
7%
I don't have a glove fetish
1%

Total votes: 167

bigcheese4711
Regular poster

Re: How do you bring up the glove fetish?

Post by bigcheese4711 »

Normally I would say that it is better to wait until the relationship is stable and you are sure that your partner is open-minded and appreciative.
In my case my wife knew about my fetish even before we met the first time :rolleyes:
Since our relationship began as bulletin board discussion about relationships (ha!) we wrote each other about our thoughts, needs and other related things long before our first physical encounter. So she knew about my fetish before she even saw me. Since se seemed very appreciative, I bought on a business trip to the US two pairs of long satin gloves and a golden bracelet (at these time it was not easy in Germany to get these in normal stores, but in the US nearly each bigger mall had one or two stores where you could buy them).
And what should I say? At our first encounter I gave her the gloves and the bracelet as a present and two hours later I was in heaven <3
But on the downside: As I wrote already in my introduction, I exaggerated the glove thing a little bit and thought that she will be wearing the gloves all the time when we have sex. Soon the pendulum swung back and I had to beg for the gloves. But after some discussions we found a way that is satisfying for both parties and now sometimes we have sex with and sometimes without gloves. It all depends on the mood.
What I want to say: Speak about it. Speak about YOUR needs and try to understand YOUR PARTNER's position also. Don't exaggerate, but also don't be shy. If there is a problem it has to be solved by speaking about it. To suffer from not telling your partner may bring more problems to the relationship than simply speaking about it.
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Other than "carefully" I have to admit that I've had best results from being open about the fetish aspect (well, maybe only a couple of them and as much as I can be given my somewhat reticent nature :shy: )

I do remember the effect of raising the fetish issue at the start of the relationship (a touch before to be honest) gave a slightly explosive result at least once. It didn't end well but definitely qualified as "interesting" while it lasted. Putting two people together with numerous personal kinks and open minds can be a touch excessive, probably won't last but boy is it ever fun!

The most awkward part for me has always been mentioning that I rather like to wear opera gloves myself and, oh by the way, I already own more pairs than you've ever thought of buying. That one qualifies as a little bit "awkward".
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
cumfieSharp
Regular poster

Post by cumfieSharp »

I see dropping little hints seems to be the best option. I once invited a hot cleaning lady from my old job around for dinner, she had just had a messy break up with a guy from the factory so I made her dinner and got her to wash up with pink gloves. She asked why I have pink rubber gloves, I just told her my sister was also a cleaner and get them free. I wanted something to happen with her as I used to steal her old cleaning gloves when she threw them away, having her too would have been amazing, think of all the free gloves....But it didnt happen unfortunate she went back with the dick head who treted her like crap!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

meerkat3000 wrote:I see dropping little hints seems to be the best option.
Not the best, merely the most popular. I'd say reading people's experiences, the best option is to just tell them as soon as possible - provided your partner seems open minded and/or really loves you.
Digits
Regular poster

Post by Digits »

I dropped little hints to my gf like setting some really artsy picture of a gloved model on my PC & Laptop or commenting on photos in fashion magazines when she's reading them! The best part is... my gf 'fessed about her fetishes before I did. She doesn't have a glove fetish & only likes them for their aesthetic value but she didn't mind. My first sexual experience like that had me dressed up in a suit with glasses while she was in lingerie with short leather gloves! I thought it was a bit of an unfair trade, I nearly died of dehydration because of the climate here but ah.... I woke up smiling every morning for the next few weeks!
“I think, you thought, who confirm?”
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Haha! That's great! If only all of us were so lucky. ;)

So that's her fetish then? Men in suits and glasses? :)
Digits
Regular poster

Post by Digits »

Rommeltje wrote:Haha! That's great! If only all of us were so lucky. ;)

So that's her fetish then? Men in suits and glasses? :)
Yup, pretty much!
“I think, you thought, who confirm?”
Billy Batts
Occasional poster

Post by Billy Batts »

I told my girlfriend early on in our relationship that I had a leather gloves fetish. She took it well and within a week we were shopping for her an expensive pair of soft black leather gloves just for sex. Now she not just those but a good collection, all leather, and always indulging me with them.

I think if you don't ask you don't get. If one has an innocent and female-friendly fetish such as gloves why not let her know? If she does not want to indulge you then it shows she might not be the one for you and it could be time to move on.
meistrllapgoch
Regular poster

Post by meistrllapgoch »

I've had a fetish since I was about three. I used to borrow my mother's yellow marigolds from the drying rack in the hall, take them upstairs and wear them uner the duvet. Bonkers, right?

I never told a soul throughout my school years, the fear of stigma was too strong. But when I got to university my now wife and I got together and pretty soon after we made it official I 'came out' to her about it. She knew something wasn't right about my performance in the bedroom, so I asked her to wear rubber gloves. She did and has done ever since and it has been amazing. We once found one of her housemates washing up in a new pair of her gloves that were supposed to be for bedroom wear and had a bit of a smirk about it.

She has I think developed her own glove fetish by now, and enjoys the BDSM aspect of having a gloved hand over her mouth, or an examination with sterile surgical gloves. I know I am very lucky in many ways to have met her and my experience of confession was a positive one. Like somebody else said, it's about give and take and indulging each other... you never know where you might end up. Hopefully gloves will be involved though ;)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

meistrllapgoch wrote:I've had a fetish since I was about three. I used to borrow my mother's yellow marigolds from the drying rack in the hall, take them upstairs and wear them uner the duvet. Bonkers, right?
Ha! I think you'll find you're not the only one to have done that by far! :D Here, check out what I wrote here, and see if it sounds in any way familiar. ;)

Return to “Polls”