Favorite childhood movies

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Jordan
Regular poster

Favorite childhood movies

Post by Jordan »

Anyone ever go back, and watch some of their old favorite childhood movies. I love going back to old movies and finally understand it better, and the humor I would have never gotten as kid. For the past few years, I sometimes watch my old favorites, and falling in love with them again, namely Aladdin, Homeword Bound, and one that I recently started watching again, an underrated cult classic, The Brave Little Toaster.

It may sound childish, but The Brave Little Toaster is a great movie, and is considered by many, to be one of the darkest and creepiest kid movies ever made. I loved the Radio character. My favorite line in the movie was, when they fall in the water, and Kirby saves all them, and the Radio behind them quotes Ahab's last words from Moby Dick, "Damn thee thou cursed whale, from the depths of hell, I STAB at thee." and Kirby yells "Climb on you idiot". Plus the "It's a B-Movie" song from the part store scene is stuck in my head, after watching it so many times.
You can watch full movie here
And not too long ago Doug Walker aka, The Nostalgia Critic did a review for it http://channelawesome.com/disneycember- ... e-toaster/

Disney will remove their movies when posted on youtube, but for some reason they don't seem to give shit about this one. I know it's not technically a Disney movie, but they did publish it, and some of the people that made it, were from Pixar.
sandyd

Re: Favorite childhood movies

Post by sandyd »

Oh man, I vaguely remember watching this when I was a kid! I need to watch this tonight...

I love those classic Disney movies. They're so well made.
sandyd2001.tumblr.com

Return to “Talk Forum”