Good animes to watch?

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

johnnyatk
Regular poster

Good animes to watch?

Post by johnnyatk »

a friend and I were recently talking and the subject of tv shows we like came up and my favorites are shows like arrow flash Gotham stuff like that and my friends is anything anime and I find it intriguing how seeing the connections some animes have with sex (gloves aswell) I never really was that into it I'd say my extent of anime would be digimon (original series) and yu gi oh mainly because they were in English so imagine my surprise when I was informed of how many shows there are that are English dubbed and after binge watching code geass in 1 day I must say I'm now a convert.

So my question to any anime officionados in the forum is what other series would be good to watch that you would suggest preferably English dubbed
glovemad
Regular poster

Re: Good animes to watch?

Post by glovemad »

Not a big animé aficionado, but can recommend a few (are quite well-known choices though, so if you've seen these already recommended, sorry about that!):
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Death Note
  • Attack on Titan
I particularly love Cowboy Bebop because I love music and its soundtrack is just superb.
GhettoGlover22
Occasional poster

Post by GhettoGlover22 »

I enjoy anime, but I don't watch it as often as I'd like to. :p The suggestions that I'm giving are animes that I'm both familiar with AND recommend, but there are others that I've been told are fun/enjoyable to watch.
Anyway, here's my list:

•Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
•Inuyasha
•Sword Art Online
•Claymore

Out of these 4, the 1st one is the only one I've watched all the way through. All have great plotlines, great soundtracks, and are made really well, but "Brotherhood" is my favorite.
Just throwing those out there! :D
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Late to the party, as per usual but here's a few to try:

Ghost in the Shell - dystopian cyberpunk. Watch the original film first though then maybe Standalone Complex (usually just SAC). There's been a reboot but it's subbed only at the mo.
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (War on Geminar is the English title) - mecha, fun, silly.
Deadman Wonderland - supernatural, violent and fairly bleak.
Btooom! - think anime version of Battle Royale.
Girls und Panzer - silly, has tanks.
Log Horizon - fantasy, VR games.
Tokyo Ghoul - supernatural horror.

Subbed only:
Shogugeki no Soma (aka Food Wars) - totally over the top, based in a culinary college.
Arpeggio of Blue Steel - warships with AIs, similar to Attack on Titan with a different enemy.
Akira - I know, there's a dubbed version. The subbed one actually makes some kind of sense.

Re: GhettoGlover22's recomendations:
Whichever version of Fullmetal Alchemist you watch is going to be good, very similar but whichever one you start with keep going as the plot lines diverge a bit.
Sword Art Online - loved the first arc, not so fond of second and third but still worth a watch.

If you let me know what sort of subject matter you're looking for I may be able to suggest a few more. I probably watch more anime than I do anything else but I'm no otaku or weeabo, just someone who reads comics and watches cartoons that aren't intended for children (and no Romm, that doesn't always mean Hentai!) Probably best to drop a PM as well as or instead of post though as I don't get to log in as often as I like anymore.
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?

Return to “Talk Forum”