Twelfth Doctor

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

RubberGloveLover
Occasional poster

Twelfth Doctor

Post by RubberGloveLover »

Hmm, interesting choice, I think. I don't know much about the actor; I see that he was in Torchwood, and I knew he was in an earlier episode with the Tenth Doctor, but other than that I'm seeing him with fresh eyes.

I am ever so slightly disappointed that Stephen Fry or Bill Nighy didn't get it (though the latter was asked to be the Ninth Doctor and turned it down). I think either one of those would be an interesting Doctor.

Anyway, looking forward to the 50th and the Christmas episode, and to a new series. I hope we get to see River again, too.
I'm shooting photos again!
Zodijackyl
Regular poster

Re: Twelfth Doctor

Post by Zodijackyl »

...and what are we talking about here?
RubberGloveLover
Occasional poster

Dr. Who. ;)
Zodijackyl
Regular poster

Post by Zodijackyl »

Ah, I understand now. I've only seen episodes with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. I thought he was pretty good.
RubberGloveLover
Occasional poster

He was, but I think David Tennant was the best of the heap. I have several favorites, but if I were introducing someone to Who, it would be S2E4, The Girl in the Fireplace.
MedicalGloveLover
WWGFA donor

Post by MedicalGloveLover »

RubberGloveLover wrote:He was, but I think David Tennant was the best of the heap. I have several favorites, but if I were introducing someone to Who, it would be S2E4, The Girl in the Fireplace.
I liked both David Tennant and Christopher Eccleston. I like Matt Smith the best.

The Girl in the Fire Place is one my favorite episodes. A few of my other favorite episodes are Blink and The Unicorn and the Wasp.
RubberMilked
Regular poster

Post by RubberMilked »

I've been a Doctor Who fan for a while now, but I'm much more into the older, original series. I loved their homemade, dated 'Britishness' and the raw theatrical limitations of them always seemed to create great storytelling with great inventiveness. I used to love watching the re-runs of old Pertwee and Tom Baker episodes on BBC on the weekend.

I did watch the new incarnation of DW from when Eccleston was The Doctor, through until nearing the end of Matt Smith's 1st series, and I kinda dropped it from there. Haven't watched any of the new episodes for a while. Just lost the urgency of watching them as they came on air. :?

I'm currently working my way through the original series from the beginning. Up to Patrick Troughton's 2nd series (1966/67). Loads of the episodes are missing too, so I've watched audio reconstruction of a lot of them (most people would think I'm super weird for that :tongue: ).

But I think I'll eventually catch up with the recent series. They were very good! Plus seeing Peter Capaldi as The Doctor should be great.
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

The actor that will be playing the 12th doctor is peter capaldi he's done a lot of British TV shows and he's quite well known for being the lead character Malcolm tucker in the show the thick of it which after you watch will make you laugh when you consider Malcolm tucker as the doctor

Return to “Talk Forum”