Anyone else into warhammer 40k

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

johnnyatk
Regular poster

Anyone else into warhammer 40k

Post by johnnyatk »

I've been playing 40k now for a good couple of years and have a couple of projects and armies now and was wondering if anyone else is into it if so then what army they use and why
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Re: Anyone else into warhammer 40k

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

I played fantasy for years but ended up quiting. I had full Vampire Counts and Warriors of Chaos armies. I miss playing.
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

I never got a chance to play fantasy I think it was the only version I never tried
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

25 years playing, still an amateur as there are so few people willing to play tabletop games :( I'm a geek by trade but rolling dice seems to be anathema to most I know. Those that I know will roll the bones are in to 4th Ed D&D (what was wrong with 1st, 2nd and 3rd editions? Complicated? Oh aye! But you had to think about what you were doing).

Back on topic, Eldar Guardians with Aspect squads as extras and a Harlequin party if the points allow. Warlocks agogo! Fast movers, flanking is so much easier when you're a nippy git. Other than than that I play Orks for shits and giggles.

I still have my Undead army for the Warhammer Fantasy Battle as well as the rule books. Skeleton warriors will always win as there's just so many of us (with necro and vampire backup, of course!) :D
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

When I started playing it was the 4th or 5th ed and I stopped for a while but when I went to go back to play I found out that there was a new set of rules released so I've been spending time trying to get to grips with them but funnily enough my last game before I took my break was against elder with my tau army which I am now in the process of updating to go along with the farsighted enclave codex that was released
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Unfortunately I'm a little further behind than you, I have to borrow rule books to play as mine are 1st and 2nd Edition :( My armies aren't codex approved any more and much as I'd love to get back in to playing I just don't have the time to sit and paint for a full day. Shame because I enjoyed it, I just wish someone would do a decent computerised version of the 40K tabletop game much as they did with Blood Bowl as that's just epic online! :D
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

The dawn of war games were pretty good especially dark crusade which I got and I then downloaded a mod that made it more codex approved and it was good fun but my tau are partly codex approved although I have made a few modifications and design changes I made after winning a local tournament against a friends tyranid army I made a diorama of my tau commander killing his hive tyrant although it's like the majority of my army and isn't painted as my painting skills aren't great still hasn't stopped me creating my own paint scheme
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

ah tyranids my old foe it is possibly the one army that ive struggled the most against just for the sheer volume of units they can throw at you
AlexLady
Glovely Diva

Post by AlexLady »

Swarm is what we do :D

I actually need to paint more termagants just so they can spawn in! Rawr!

(I think they look like puppies :D)

Return to “Talk Forum”