Favourite tv show

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

johnnyatk
Regular poster

Favourite tv show

Post by johnnyatk »

Alright guys so here's my question what is your favourite tv show and why, it can still be running or be finished doesn't matter

Mines I would say is smallville seeing as I'm a massive dc comics nerd and it is about Clark Kent becoming superman
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Favourite tv show

Post by Rommeltje »

Breaking Bad! :D For writing, acting, cinematography, and just sheer perfectness. :)

And also Game of Thrones! :yay: For allround awesomeness. :-)
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Anything written by Chris Morris. Jam, Brass Eye, The Day Today... All o' them.

Otherwise, a nifty British comedy called Green Wing.
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

Game of thrones brilliant wasn't to keen of the season 3 finale though and I've just started watching breaking bad
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Breaking Bad only gets better with every season. :nod:

With Game of Thrones, you shouldn't see the final as the climax, because then you will be dissapointed. The penultimate episode is always the climax, the finale is just the setup for the next season. And the penultimate episode of season three was one of the best in TV history - in my humble opinion, of course. :rolleyes:

I'm also really enjoying the current season of American Horror Story, btw. Last season was very good as well. The first season was pretty mediocre, though. Good thing you can skip that one, as each season tells a different story that doesn't have anything to do with the other ones, except that it features some of the same actors (but in different roles).
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

Aww yeah nothing beat the red wedding my one problem with it was that Robb's wife was there considering up to that point the tv storyline had closely resembled the book and I felt it let itself down a bit especially when they know how die hard loyal some of the fans are

And I've also started watching Dracula and sleepy hollow which are both good Dracula for the fact that it portrays him as more of a hero than a villain and sleepy hollow is just weird but in a good way
TheGlovemaniac
Banner Extraordinaire

Post by TheGlovemaniac »

Game of Thrones, possibly the best serie ever written!

I liked Dexter, Chuck, Supernatural, The Sopranos

Fringe is my favourite one with all the winks to other Sci Fi movies and/or series.

I'm actually into Breaking Bad, just startd the 3rd season. It's good but damn, it's so slow!
Image Image
weasel2000
Regular poster

Post by weasel2000 »

Love Game of Thrones...the TV Show has done a great job of keeping the feel of the books. The wife and I love Once Upon a time...great story lines and acting and it helps that there are many women wearing leather and satin gloves. Watching Agents of SHIELD and enjoying it...
johnnyatk
Regular poster

Post by johnnyatk »

S.H.E.I.L.D is brilliant just because it has coulson and so is once upon a time for Robert Carlyle as rumplestilskin

Return to “Talk Forum”