being in love sucks (leather gloves and angst bulls**t)

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

CharlieCC

being in love sucks (leather gloves and angst bulls**t)

Post by CharlieCC »

OK, this is a tricky subject and thus is me in whiny angsty bullshut mide so bear with me.

I've recently come across in my fb feed of a girl who I don't just like, I'm head over heels in love tbh and I've known her for a couple of years. She's Hungarian but lives in Hoorn in the Netherlands doing freelance media work. I went out and visited her there before Christmas and just for the time I had hanging out with her, everything was great with the world. Better than great even!

Now into my fb feed comes a picture of her in black leather gloves so that reinforces even further how much I frigging miss her. Sounds ridiculous I know! Just the feeling of physical distance makes me feel so damn powerless! I've held off from messaging her frequently for fear of lovebombing or coming on too strong but at tge same tine, do not wanna let her slip away.

I HATE being in love.

Any of you been there before?
speedmstr
WWGFA donor

Re: being in love sucks (leather gloves and angst bulls**t)

Post by speedmstr »

Yep. I met a girl I liked, and I kind of knew she liked leather gloves.

Apparently she liked me, but I was too stupid to admit my feelings to her.

I let her slip away.

I Regret that mistake to this day.

I don't usually like to give advice (especially concerning love).I feel as though while I can empathise with you, I'm not facing your exact dilemma. My advice would be to keep her engaged in your life, try and make an effort to really establish yourself as someone she can trust and enjoy talking to/spending time with. Even though she might not become your girlfriend, at the very least she will be your friend and something is better than nothing.

If you wanted advice regarding her and gloves. I'm sorry, I'm not to good at that! (if you get what I mean)

Regards

Speedmstr

PS: Don't give up!
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

CharlieCC wrote:I've held off from messaging her frequently for fear of lovebombing or coming on too strong
Whenever I think I'm about to do something potentially damaging or something I may later regret, I have a crafty wank first. Nine times out of ten, I decide I'm better off not doing whatever it was I was going to do once I've, er, relieved myself :lol: If it's still a burning desire then perhaps do something about it... but don't beat yourself up about it :-)
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

Thanks for the response guys, it's more of a case of like...well, you know when you see someone you're not too bothered about normally but when you see them in gloves, they become really hot? This is turned up to eleven when she's already ridiculously hot and we already have a lot, and I mean A LOT of common ground?

Its less self flagellation and more a fear of putting her off, especially when I saw some flirty messages with some italian git! Fear of losing her to him but fear of fudging it...excuse my ranting people!
speedmstr
WWGFA donor

Post by speedmstr »

I'm again reluctant to give you relationship advice. But, I 'fudged it' (so to speak) when I was in a similar position and I had no one to turn to.

So in a vain effort to appease you... here goes nothing ...

Don't place too much importance on this girl. If you convey a sense of trying too hard (which is subconscious; and feel out of your comfort zone) the girl will notice. And you will seem, like you are pretending to be who you are not.

Continue to be there for her, but don't place importance on it.

Don't flirt too often. She will get fed up . If you can meet with her regularly, give her Hi-5s and hugs and gradually escalate. Be playful, make her laugh, do crazy things, risk your sensibility.

Become the best man that you can become. That is how you will win her.

I'm sorry if this was not what you wanted to hear. Beyond this I can't offer much advice.
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

Thanks, I appreciate this loads! Its not a question of what I wanna hear but what I oughta hear instead. When around her, everything is easy, it's more within the online world where subtlety and nuances disappear, combined with her living in a different country (Europe anyway), and hoping on striking the balance without being too keen or too distant.

Placing less emphasis on this girl in question I agree would help, gonna be hard since I've not met anyone quite like her.

I'll bear that all in mind though, so thanks again! ?

Return to “Talk Forum”