Should I seek help for my fetishes???

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

APC
WWGFA donor

Re: Should I seek help for my fetishes???

Post by APC »

Rommeltje wrote: I would also like to point out that where I said psychiatrist in my posts, I probably meant psychologist. :rolleyes:
All good :-) it would be easy to get the two mixed up. Although psychiatrists were orginally very popular,I think on average these days they are mainly used for people with accute mental illness i.e. Severe depression, anxiety, schizophrenia and so on.
glovesnap20
Regular poster

Post by glovesnap20 »

You mention that your partner is understanding but you worry that your fetishes will eventually push her away. I think it may be worthwhile to ask yourself whether you fear this because of anything she has done or said or whether this fear is based on a personal shame about your fetish. I say this because I similarly have a supportive partner but worry that my fetish will alienate her. Yet, whenever I talk to her about it, she emphasizes that my kinks don't bother her at all. She's the one who insists on wearing gloves when we have sex because she knows how much they turn me on. It's my lifetime of embarrassment surrounding my kink that makes me suspect (against any evidence) that she secretly dislikes incorporating gloves into our sex life.

All that said, if you continue to feel overwhelmed by your fetish it might be worth seeing someone to help you find more moderation and balance. APC put all this very well.
greenyrst

Post by greenyrst »

Thanks for the replies guys.
I've managed to get them under control by myself recently, I have contacted 2 therapists so far and neither have replied. If they start to take over my life again I will seek some help.

APC
Yes there is a risk of causing harm to myself from some of my fetishes but from experience that is minimal given the levels of protection I use. I understand where you are coming from though, however it is probably the fetish which gives me the most pleasure. I have tried in the past to give it up but now I just accept it and don't push too hard.
APC
WWGFA donor

Post by APC »

greenyrst wrote: APC
Yes there is a risk of causing harm to myself from some of my fetishes but from experience that is minimal given the levels of protection I use. I understand where you are coming from though, however it is probably the fetish which gives me the most pleasure. I have tried in the past to give it up but now I just accept it and don't push too hard.
Well at the end of the day, this is all about you, you are the one that gets to set the boundaries. I mean there are pleanty of people out there that live risky lifestyles, and I wouldn't be surprised if some of them do it for sexual reasons as well. So don't feel alone in your predicament.

Just rembember the main point im getting at is, it's important to manage what your doing. Like everything with humans, once the novelty wears off, we usually want more of whatever stimulus it is to remain satisfied. It's at points like that where you may need to step in & stop yourself from taking something too far.

From what you said though you've managed to keep on top of it lately so that excellent news! :up:

Return to “Talk Forum”