your smartphone?

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

glovedgamer
WWGFA Orderly

Re: your smartphone?

Post by glovedgamer »

That would actually be pretty hot to see :)

btw speaking of smart phones haha, I returned the Nexus S because if I wait about 1-2months I can get the Samsung Galaxy S2 which will destroy all other phones. That thing looks too awesome!
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

The galaxy has some major faults that i see. my mum has it and when i need to use it i find it pretty difficult. It looks neat but it gets so annoying. The touch screen can only be touched by skin, so it doesn't respond to nails, styles (Stylus plural?) or gloved hands :'(

Folders and other things you would have thought to be easy to find on a phone are hidden away and you have to use an internal search button to search manually for what you want. Bluetooth files divert to millions of places before you find them and i think, i think that you need a memory card to store anything on the phone. so if the memory card slot breaks, which seems to happen too easily on samsung phones, you're fucked!

I won't fault the camera though, the camera is good.
glovedgamer
WWGFA Orderly

Post by glovedgamer »

Really, is it the galaxy s2? The one that was just released in UK? it's not out in canada yet :(

from my experience Samsung makes GREAT products. I have 2 samsung TV's and I've had a few non-smart phones and cameras by them. Never had an issue with their products.
Apparently they make the screens for iphone, so their screens should be good/similar. I never had a problem with the touch responsiveness while wearing medical gloves, never tried with HHRG tho I doubt it would work.

I have heard about the apps not being in Alphabetical order and there not being a way to change this, but I'm fairly confident I will be able to find a way around this. Though it does sound like a hassle to find apps the way you described.

I've never used Bluetooth so I won't have a problem there =)
Oh yea and the S2 has 16GB internal storage and I never filled up my 8GB iphone so I don't think I'll even need an expansion card :)

I don't want to wait any longer :( I wish I lived in UK right about now haha
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

I have a few friends using the HTC Desire and the Galaxy (not the S2 model) and they seem to be happy with it. I'm actually using a Nokia N70 that I got about 5-6 years ago, it still works fine for what I need so I haven't had a reason yet to get a new phone. Will probably end up getting one within the next year though.

I believe styli would the plural? Octopus = octopi etc.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

There's different ways versus latin logic like the word penis being penes (pee-nays) *or* penises. I would have thought octopus would also follow that. But cactus plural is cacti for sure. styli does sound more plausible than styles tbh :P
Simply because stylus sounds latin itself, i guessed styles :)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I trust all of you are familiar with the website http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com?
CharlesRyder
Occasional poster

Post by CharlesRyder »

I use a work blackberry bold and a personal iphone. Definitely prefer the iphone of the two!

Return to “Talk Forum”