Advice needed: Non-latex rubber lingerie

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

smark100
Regular poster

Advice needed: Non-latex rubber lingerie

Post by smark100 »

Anyone know of a supplier of non-latex rubber lingerie?

My wife is completely "game" to the idea of a rubber teddy (my tongue is hanging out already) but has a severe latex allergy. Figures, don't it ...

Allergies like these are nasty, and it's not a simple matter of coating the latex or anything: the protein in latex is the culprit and can't be eliminated.

Anyway, the PVC stuff doesn't look soft like rubber. I was hoping there is a manufacturer who uses an alternative like nitrile. From what I've read, latex is high-care anyway so really nitrile would probably be a better material (it sure withstands chemical attack better and is far tougher ... I suspect it'd be ideal for clothing).

About the best I've seen is PU (polyurethane) coated spandex but I was hoping for something with a completely "rubber" feel and uncoated (so that it's rubber-on-skin, not spandex).
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Re: Advice needed: Non-latex rubber lingerie

Post by Jake »

Not sure nitrile would be all that durable!

You wanna look on ebay for some basic ideas. then try...fetters.co.uk for some good non-latex stuff. it may be men only though, i haven't investigated the clothing department as much :P

Hope i've helped!
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

Wow, a lot of heavy rubber stuff there (i.e. BDSM stuff) but all of the neoprene (the only alternative to latex listed) is for men only :(

Gets me thinking about neoprene, though .... I'll look around for that to see what's available.
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

Oh yes, on the subject of durability ... At least in gloves, I think you'll find nitrile is WAY tougher than latex. Lasts much longer and is very chemical resistant - doesn't get yellow and crack like latex does so it'd probably be good for more than gloves.

Heck, they use the stuff in O-rings as well so it must be tough stuff!

Does have a tendency to rip when nicked (a safety feature on gloves, they say), so that might be a problem with clothing made of nitrile.
Jake

Post by Jake »

smark100 wrote:Wow, a lot of heavy rubber stuff there (i.e. BDSM stuff) but all of the neoprene (the only alternative to latex listed) is for men only :(

Gets me thinking about neoprene, though .... I'll look around for that to see what's available.
Aye, there's a lovely and quite cheap latex hood on there i've got my eyes on. Their whole store is pretty fascinating and if it weren't for their prices i'd have bought lots of things from their already :P the handcuffs are like fifty pounds :( back to ebay for me :L
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

Oh yeah, some of the stuff _did_ look cool! Figures with my catch-22, don't it .... guess life is a lot like that in general!
Jake

Post by Jake »

Lol at least you've got the whole site to investigate now for your own pleasure ;) most stuff is unisex so you could buy some things as a surprise :D
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

My wife and I have "fooled around" with plastic (nudge nudge wink wink), but it just lacks the feel of rubber. And while I like the feel of latex, I just can't have that around.

Anyone have experience with neoprene? Is it unlined on both sides so as to have a "rubber" feel??
Jake

Post by Jake »

Aw that is a shame about your wife's allergy.

In a few months I might be a more experienced user with neoprene so if in the unfortunate event you never get an answer by then, i'll be here to tell :P
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

Jake wrote:Aw that is a shame about your wife's allergy.
One of life's little Ironies ... find someone willing to "play" and you can't anyway :)

Return to “Talk Forum”