Advice needed: Non-latex rubber lingerie

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

smark100
Regular poster

Re: Advice needed: Non-latex rubber lingerie

Post by smark100 »

Jake wrote:Aw that is a shame about your wife's allergy.
One of life's little Ironies ... find someone willing to "play" and you can't anyway :)
glovesarefun
VIP

Post by glovesarefun »

smark100 wrote:
Jake wrote:Aw that is a shame about your wife's allergy.
One of life's little Ironies ... find someone willing to "play" and you can't anyway :)
Have you ever heard of Yulex? They are an Arizona-based company that manufacture latex gloves made from the guayule shrub instead of the traditional rubber tree. This new latex does not contain the protein that causes allergic reactions that the original does. The FDA cleared the company to start manufacturing medical supplies back in 2008. I'm sure curious how this new latex will feel on my skin.

It could be a good alternative for your wife, smark100 (provided someone starts making lingerie out of this new latex). I remember having an allergic reaction to latex gloves when I was a kid (wearing them, of course). But I loved wearing them so much. I managed to circumvent the allergic reaction by immediately washing my hands after taking the gloves off. I haven't had an allergic reaction since.
smark100
Regular poster

Post by smark100 »

Unfortunately, her allergy is a very nasty one and gets worse with each exposure. According to her doc, it can get bad enough to go into anaphylactic shock so it's best to avoid latex exposure altogether!

Yulex? ... I'll look that up but I suspect it'll never be used for lingerie if there isn't a marker for nitrile even.

Thanks

Return to “Talk Forum”