music

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: music

Post by Rommeltje »

Wow, another heavy metal fan? 8-O I'm starting to believe there really is a connection between glove fetishism and metal. It's like 80% of the people who've answered this thread that pick that as their favorite.

O, btw, please remember to embed youtubes when you post them.
LatexGloves4Life
Occasional poster

Post by LatexGloves4Life »

Rommeltje wrote:Wow, another heavy metal fan? 8-O I'm starting to believe there really is a connection between glove fetishism and metal. It's like 80% of the people who've answered this thread that pick that as their favorite.

O, btw, please remember to embed youtubes when you post them.
REALLY. I don't know if there is a connection or not but I can't complain. :) Oh sorry about that Romm, I had a little trouble with it but will do that from now on.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Well, it feels like 80% anyway. I haven't actually done the math. :-)
MedicalGloveLover
WWGFA donor

Post by MedicalGloveLover »

I first heard this song on the Shocker soundtrack.

SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

Rommeltje wrote:Wow, another heavy metal fan? 8-O I'm starting to believe there really is a connection between glove fetishism and metal. It's like 80% of the people who've answered this thread that pick that as their favorite.
I'm in the metal realm as well 8)
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Rommeltje wrote:Well, it feels like 80% anyway. I haven't actually done the math. :-)
Would you be at all surprised to find out that I did? :tongue:

56% (+/- 3% if I missed a person or post) expressed a preference or liking of metal, it looks like more as most of them have posted several times :D

A couple more from a band I'm rather fond of, Abney Park:

Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Zodijackyl
Regular poster

Post by Zodijackyl »

If not for the evidence provided by this thread, I doubt I would have ever suspected a link between glove fetishism and a fondness for heavy metal...and yet I reflect this bizarre correlation as well. In fact, I absolutely love metal and find much to appreciate in most, if not all, its myriad forms, having a diverse range of favorite bands that includes the likes of Black Sabbath, Accept, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Testament, Emperor, Entombed, Carcass, Cynic, Edge of Sanity, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity (see my username and avatar), Hammerfall, Lacuna Coil, Arsis, and a whole bunch more that didn’t pop into my head as I formed this sentence. I have a rather unhealthy addiction—economically speaking—to buying CD’s, a hobby that sees me increase my metal collection by at least three albums per week, and I very much enjoy going to metal shows, big festivals and small gigs alike, though the frequency with which I’ve been able to attend those has decreased dramatically in recent years. I have absolutely no idea how my passion for aggressive music could in any way relate to a sexual fascination with gloves, but seriously, the fact that so many people here seem to be in the same boat can’t really be a coincidence, can it? Interesting food for thought in any event.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Makes me wonder, though, is there a high probability among metal fans to have a thing for gloves, or to have a fetish in general? This question should be asked on all fetish related forums. :-)
TheGlovemaniac
Banner Extraordinaire

Post by TheGlovemaniac »

I think that people listening to, not just Metal but, underground music in general are mostly people assuming and thinking in different ways than most conventionnal type of people. I mean, in most of the cases, underground music is a way of living and thinking. As fetish is an underground way of living, totally in the merge of what "should be" ways of living that society is teaching, it is more easy to accept unconventionnal things and accept ourselves on what we really are.
Image Image
RubberGloveLover
Occasional poster

Post by RubberGloveLover »

No metal here, but yes to classic rock. Creedence Clearwater Revival was the best band to ever grace the airwaves or turntable. I could list bands, but I'll shorten it to: All the bands they play on the radio, with the exception of Queen and the Beatles. I also like some current pop, mainly Mumford and Sons. I listen to some jazz (John Coltrane, et.al.) and occasionally 80s pop.
I'm shooting photos again!

Return to “Talk Forum”