music

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Re: music

Post by Grim »

Zodijackyl wrote:If not for the evidence provided by this thread, I doubt I would have ever suspected a link between glove fetishism and a fondness for heavy metal...and yet I reflect this bizarre correlation as well. In fact, I absolutely love metal and find much to appreciate in most, if not all, its myriad forms, having a diverse range of favorite bands that includes the likes of Black Sabbath, Accept, Iron Maiden, Mercyful Fate, Testament, Emperor, Entombed, Carcass, Cynic, Edge of Sanity, At the Gates, Dark Tranquillity (see my username and avatar), Hammerfall, Lacuna Coil, Arsis, and a whole bunch more that didn’t pop into my head as I formed this sentence. I have a rather unhealthy addiction—economically speaking—to buying CD’s, a hobby that sees me increase my metal collection by at least three albums per week, and I very much enjoy going to metal shows, big festivals and small gigs alike, though the frequency with which I’ve been able to attend those has decreased dramatically in recent years. I have absolutely no idea how my passion for aggressive music could in any way relate to a sexual fascination with gloves, but seriously, the fact that so many people here seem to be in the same boat can’t really be a coincidence, can it? Interesting food for thought in any event.
I'm just about to piss in your cornflakes - much as I love this

I've recently been introduced to this

It makes me glad that I gave up the violin over 30 years ago as at my best I couldn't get even vaguely close to any of the feeling (I'm a tech by nature, I think in binary).

Until a study of musical taste versus fetishes is conducted I'll sit on the fence. It would have to be in the thousands of subjects who're prepared to admit to their nature (wouldn't work in England then!) before I'll admit to anyrthing consider a correlation :)
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
MedicalGloveLover
WWGFA donor

Post by MedicalGloveLover »

Ay carumba

:)))) :)))) :)))) :)))) :))))

Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Toti »

Rommeltje wrote:Hahaha! Venga Boys! Didn't even know anybody knew them anymore. :lmao: You know they're Dutch, right?

That's by far not their best song, though. Or should I say, that's not their one good song. ;)
They were very famous here in Spain. Almost every weekend their songs were played at the discos :rolleyes:

What do you think is their one good? :???: IMO it was the one that posted Jake, it was the preferred almost by everyone, at least here.
I still wonder what she was meaning by the double boom, though :hmm: :rofl:
Jake wrote:I knew they weren't from England or America and I know for whatever reason it's pronounced Benga, but I don't really think I knew they were Dutch. So thanks :P Recently been looking at cheesy 90s music. Growing up listening to those tunes really was magical :')
That's because that half part of its name is in spanish and we pronounce V and B both as B :)
Venga means something like let's go in spanish :-)

Indeed those years were great, magical :8up:

I really don't think this could be the song Romm was referring, but some of this video is made in Barcelona, I think. The number plate of their bus is from there and some places fit very well but some others not at all. :hmm:

Greetings!! ;)

PS: Am I the only one who has problems when there are more than five or six videos embedded at the same time in the same page? :'(
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

THIS is their one good song:

Multiple embeds work fine for me, btw. Might be your computer can't handle it.
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Toti wrote:PS: Am I the only one who has problems when there are more than five or six videos embedded at the same time in the same page? :'(
Depends on the browser and system, Chrome is generally pretty good but very hard on the memory allocation so not always the best choice. The latest build of Firefox is pretty damn solid, minimal memory footprint and very responsive once it's loaded. We'll just not mention Internet Exploder other than name and shame...

About the only music I remember from the 90's other than industrial is some beautiful Dutch trance, can't tell you who did it but it hit the spot when I was rather mullered back then. Otherwise it was more a case of this:

Ministry, NWO

NIN, Head Like a Hole (If I'd known then what I know now I'd probably be a happy little minion!)

Front 242, Headhunter
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Toti »

Rommeltje wrote:THIS is their one good song
Hahahahahaha, it is almost like saying they have no one good song :lmao:

That song is indeed is very different beacause the original tune isn't from them, they just added some electronic sounds and no much more. It is one of the most covered songs in the music history.

They put their own lyrics, it's true, with phrases of no more than four consecutive words, but it's something.

I like the Frank Sinatra's version 8)

Greetings ;)

PS:
Grim wrote:Depends on the browser and system, Chrome is generally pretty good but very hard on the memory allocation so not always the best choice. The latest build of Firefox is pretty damn solid, minimal memory footprint and very responsive once it's loaded. We'll just not mention Internet Exploder other than name and shame...
I've never use Firefox to surf here. I'll try. Thanks ^_^
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Ha! That's cool! I had no idea! :up:

I still like the Venga Boys version better, though. :tongue:
Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Toti »

Rommeltje wrote:THIS is their one good song:

Multiple embeds work fine for me, btw. Might be your computer can't handle it.

there's one more version, specially to the WC :tongue:

Best wishes for the Oranje :rolleyes:
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Toti wrote:there's one more version, specially to the WC :tongue:
Well, that's certainly....interesting. :-v
LatexGloves4Life
Occasional poster

Post by LatexGloves4Life »

Recently I've been listening & getting more into some death metal (Death, Bolt Thrower, Revocation, Carcass, Cannibal Corpse, Benighted) but I have also been listening to the amazing & lovable Miss Joan Jett :luv: which I can't hardly wait to see for the first time in just 3 days at the Amnesia Rockfest in Montebello, Quebec which is like just an hour drive from where I live.

Enjoy! :up:

Return to “Talk Forum”