music

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Re: music

Post by Grim »

Jake, other than brief notations on the score I really don't see anything to laugh at. Enjoy, hell yes! That really is marvellous music.

I love coming back to this thread, there's always something else to see or hear that may be completely different, worth a listen or simply fit in with what you already love.

@DialGforgloves: Please don't apologise for rambling where music is concerned. We all tend to do so a touch as it's simply something that invites a certain degree of passion. I'm more of a Goth or metalhead than anyhting else but still have a love for classical music (being taught violin and voice may have helped there a touch). A diverse taste in music indicates (to me at least) that you're rather more open minded than many. Are you absolutely positive that you aren't a Goth in disguise? Evanescence and Nightwish both have more than slight Gothic overtones to them :p

As you're both studying literature and a fan of symphonic metal may I present you with a little symphonic Goth inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's work?

I love Nox Arcana, the music fills both my need for something a touch darker and something musically elegant. The entire Shadow of the Raven album is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe and well worth a listen to IMHO.

Probably a repost on this one but a pearler that Rommeltje refreshed my memory of, the key bit is the "nothing wrong with me" refrain :D:

A touch of Darkwave/EBM for those so inclined:

A little undetermined (electro/industrial/cyber goth?):

And to prove that sometimes you just need to chill out with a little classic blues:

Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Best use of Minnie the Moocher in television was Blue Harvest. It fit the scene perfectly.

As for Saint-Saëns' carnival, the musical jokes are knocking about in various places. The Pianistes movement makes me laugh every time, and its run into Fossiles is brilliant. All the imagery's just very well done, but the humour is all a musician's joke. Tortues is the Can Can slowed down. Hémiones is bloody fast, but it's shared between the two pianists and the ending makes me chuckle.

You might know this one from Pulp Fiction.

throwaway123
Occasional poster

Post by throwaway123 »

After skimming through this topic I realized my taste in music may not exactly be as developed as some peoples. Regardless I tend to really enjoy Indie Music and Alternative rather then whatever popular music is out this month. For some reason its just a huge turn off and the music isnt usually anything special. I like Franz Ferdinand a lot.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

throwaway123 wrote:I tend to really enjoy Indie Music and Alternative rather then whatever popular music is out this month. For some reason its just a huge turn off and the music isnt usually anything special.
Yes! Finally someone with a music taste I can relate too. :D
MedicalGloveLover
WWGFA donor

Post by MedicalGloveLover »

Two of my favorite songs from the 90's

Digits
Regular poster

Post by Digits »

sayyestogloves wrote:Here's my favorite band of all time: Deftones. All of these songs are from their (as of now, most recent) album Diamond Eyes from 2010. That album alone was a masterpiece, but they have 5 other albums that are just as perfect. Their next album is going to be released in November and I cannot be more excited!!! :up:
They're not the same without Chi :-(

I find myself listening to a lot of stuff by M83, Beastie Boys, Deerhunter, White Lies, Interpol, Arctic Monkeys and heaps of those indie sounding (but ironically as a band they aren't) music.
“I think, you thought, who confirm?”
sayyestogloves

Post by sayyestogloves »

Digits wrote:They're not the same without Chi :-(
You are not lying about that. So sad :-(
But I thought Diamond Eyes was their best album when it came out. And Koi No Yokan is looking like a close contender to me. But, the old stuff being so wonderful, I can definitely understand those who enjoy that stuff more.
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

throwaway123 wrote:After skimming through this topic I realized my taste in music may not exactly be as developed as some peoples. Regardless I tend to really enjoy Indie Music and Alternative rather then whatever popular music is out this month. For some reason its just a huge turn off and the music isnt usually anything special. I like Franz Ferdinand a lot.
Try thinking eclectic rather than developed - the latter implies that you think about it too much rather than just enjoy what you like without asking anyone else's opinion.

I have varied tastes but just because I like one particular piece of music doesn't mean that I enjoy all (or even much) of that genre. I'm as likely to listen to any one of the following as any other. The whole point of threads like this on any forum is to let others know what music you like, there's no ranking system in place nor is there any stigma attached if what you like isn't the same as anyone else. It provides an opportunity to hear music you wouldn't otherwise consider giving a chance.

Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
sayyestogloves

Post by sayyestogloves »

Here are some more songs that I love from various artists. There's just something about a female voice... Soothing. 8-)

Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground

Hooverphonic - 2 Wicky

Portishead - Glory Box

Telepopmusik - Breathe

LatexGloves4Life
Occasional poster

Post by LatexGloves4Life »

Well first of all I should say that my favorite music is Heavy Metal but I can listen to any style of music. Here's the current cd's I've just bought & have been listening to lately:

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies
Here's a song from the album:

All That Remains - A War You Cannot Win
Here's a song from the album:

Last edited by Rommeltje on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Youtubes embedded

Return to “Talk Forum”