Cordea's daily song thread (and other off topic stuff!)

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Cordea
Regular poster

Re: Cordea's daily song thread (and other off topic stuff!)

Post by Cordea »

Disclaimer: I know I'm "double posting" but I wanted to keep the post I made earlier separate from the actual song of the post.

So, had a few ideas for today's song but decided to go a bit on the folksy side of things. So, it's a song by a guy who calls himself The Nightwatchman and the guest vocalist is Serj Tankian (Lead Vocalist for System Of A Down, only part of his vocal range is shown in the song, it's absolutely massive). The song is called Lazarus On Down and it's off the album "The Fabled City".

Bonus points to those who knew The Nightwatchman's real name before this post btw 8)
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

Cordea wrote:only genre I can't stand is modern RnB/rap/dance (they're all merging into one in my honest opinion, there's not really any definition between them anymore, at least not the mainstream stuff).
Support!

There's no talent in that music anymore, it's just synth and random people pressing random buttons to make sound. And it's all fine- and auto-tuned so it's like...well where's the talent? Where's the point? O_o :down:

Oh and thanks to my boyfriend...*looks*.........I have heard of Nyan Cat. O_o :???: >:(
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

I've made this topic sticky for yeh :)
Now it's the headline of the Talk Forum :D
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Headline of the forum you say?! *watches tumbleweed go past*

So, some of you will probably have heard of this guy but he's great, grew up listening to him and his band (among others), which were separate acts by the way, and they've always had a place in my iPod. Excuse the poor punctuation in that last sentence and enjoy the sounds of Like A Rainbow In The Dark by Ronnie James Dio. The guitar is perfect, the drums and bass keep the song going at just the right tempo and Dio is simply one of the best vocalists of his generation, I'd kill to have his voice.

Oh by the way, I can think of two songs that I've heard that had auto tune in them and I liked it. Minnie The Moocher - Hugh Laurie and Lost - Avenged Sevenfold.
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

I mentioned Hugh Laurie in the last post so couldn't resist posting this. It's from his album, Let Them Talk, that was released earlier this year. Song is called You Don't Know My Mind.

As a bonus, here's the Minnie The Moocher cover that I said was one of the few songs I liked with auto tune. Thing is, they didn't need to do it, he has a great voice, at least in my opinion.

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

The singer from this band first auditioned on American Idol if I remember correctly. He sang The Letter by Joe Cocker with his own style of singing which won Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson over. Simon Cowell promptly said that he showed no personality and his singing wasn't that good. So he got through and didn't win but he did well and got a contract after he left the show. This is a song called Home and it's by his band, Daughtry. Enjoy!

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

I'm sure most of you will know this song from one of the earliest episodes of Scrubs but it may be old enough that you have forgotten it, pity too since it's such a good song. It's called Good Time and it's by Leroy Miller. Fun idea, listen to the video, get a mental image of what you think he looks like and then look him up on google images. I was a bit surprised to be honest!

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Last couple of posts have been fairly soft so a bit of metal should mix it up a bit. They're a three piece Swedish band (what can I say, Scandinavians know how to make music!) called Grand Magus and the song is called I, The Jury. Enjoy the falsetto at the start ;)

Ha, I already know what'll be going up tomorrow, that's kinda sad.....I really hope one of the many job applications I circulated turns up something >.<
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

And now for something completely different....It's one of the few eletronica/house/trance/electronic rock/drum and bass etc songs you'll ever see me post, it's Watercolour by Pendulum. Don't know why I like it this much but something about it is just really catchy to me.

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Today's tune is courtesy of a band from Gibraltar called Breed 77. The video comes from a promotional acoustic set that they did for Sennheiser and the song is called El Mundo En Llamas. The song is indeed in spanish but if you want to hear the english lyrics you can look up the english version which is called World On Fire. Anyway. enjoy the song, check out their cover of Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast which was performed at the same set and go buy their albums, it's all good stuff, never heard one of their songs that I didn't like whether it was in english or spanish.

Return to “Talk Forum”