Cordea's daily song thread (and other off topic stuff!)

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Cordea
Regular poster

Re: Cordea's daily song thread (and other off topic stuff!)

Post by Cordea »

Disclaimer: I don't like the Beastie Boys, I just like that song.

Matthew Perry, the ultimate troll, ruining people's lives all over the world. Interesting fact, he wasn't the first choice for the role of Chandler Bing, Jon Cryer (Alan from Two and a Half Men, Duckie from Pretty in Pink) was the first choice. Also interesting, Nicholas Cage was the first choice for the role of Aragorn in LOTR but he had to turn it down due to family issues. All I can say is thank fuck for that. No disrespect intended to him or his fans but the man can do one bloody accent! Aragorn wouldn't be from the south >.< So, onto the music. It is a cover of a Beastie Boys song. The band is called Cancer Bats and it is a metal cover of Sabotage. Can't stand the Beastie Boys version but this one is pretty good. Nothing but screaming metal though so...yeah.

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Today I bring you a Swedish band by the name of Hammerfall. The song is called Blood Bound. Enjoy!

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Heres something a little different, you've probably heard it before but not known what it was. It was written by a little known composer named Frederic Chopin and the song is called Nocturne Op.9 No.2 in E Flat Major. Sit back, close your eyes and enjoy.

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Right, back to heavier stuff, this is by a Finnish power metal band called Sonata Arctica and the song is called In The Dark. Short, sweet and simple.

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Lovely song by a man named Boo Hewerdine, the song is called New Years Eve. The video is possibly the best version of the song, it was part of a series on the BBC called Songwriter's Circle where singers/songwriters would get together and perform for a small live audience. On his show he is joined by Justin Currie (Del Amitri) and Chris Difford (Squeeze) and if you like live acoustic music you'll love the show. Enjoy!

Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Right, here is a band from the UK called The Unchosen. I came across them through a friend of mine whose brother's friend happens to be the singer, he linked me to them and I found them to be excellent. I'll be linking two songs, one is the song that I wanted to post originally but it isn't a youtube link since they didn't put it up there. That song is called Mjolnir and it is the acoustic version, they do an electric version too which is good. Props to anyone that recognises where they got their influence without the use of google etc. The youtube video is for their cover of Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. Not a fan of MJ (only songs I really like are Ben and The Earth Song) but the cover is pretty good. Anyway enjoy them both.

Mjolnir: http://www.unchosen.co.uk/mp3/unchosen/ ... oustic.mp3

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you want to hear the electric version of Mjolnir just remove the "acoustic" bit from the URL so it goes /unchosen/Mjolnir.mp3.
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Quick update: Eircom is shite, don't ever get their internet if you move to Ireland. Net has been down for days now with no sign of them fixing it. Am moving providers but it will take a few days, I've broken into my neighbours internet to post this but I don't want to do it every day as they are nice people and I don't like stealing interwebs from people I like. I'll get a few songs together for a large post when I get my own net back up.

Return to “Talk Forum”