No votes
Stupify!
16%

Total votes: 19

Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Post by Jake »

Is anyone currently waiting outside their cinema anticipating the release of the most awaited film in history?

I'm so fucking excited!!!!! I hope there are many Potter fans here on this board!!!

Only four minutes left oh my god :D

Let's make this the official WWGFA Harry Potter discussion thread.

Thoughts on the books? Films? Excited?

xx
Maf54
Regular poster

Re: Harry Potter Discussion Thread

Post by Maf54 »

God I can still remember going to see the first one, the philosophers stone.
It was funny because the day it came out in America my school didn't have class because of parent teacher conferences. So my dad took me to see the thing early in the afternoon for the first showing and we were the only ones there. But then when it was over and they were getting ready to do the next showing, the line outside had wrapped around the building 3 times at least.
It was fun to basically get my own personal showing :D
glovedgamer
WWGFA Orderly

Post by glovedgamer »

I'm excited to see this movie :D
I don't have any friends who like it, so I will probably be going to see it alone again haha
don't care, it's too good not to go!

Don't have enough money right now or I would have been in line waiting with you Jake
Jake

Post by Jake »

You don't have any friends who like it? That can't be true, 1 in every...y'know, 1 people love it!

Seriously, it's strange that :o I'll bet if you make them all read the books they'll be captured in the amazing storyline :P

Imperio!
Cordea
Regular poster

Post by Cordea »

Loved the books to death, was at midnight releases for most of them. Haven't seen a film since Goblet of Fire. They just leave out so much and they change some of the stuff, the films look spectacular and the acting is good but they just don't have the same magic (pun intended) that the books do, at least for me. So I don't intend on seeing the newest one either, a friend of mine went, said it was excellent but they changed a few things around. I know they don't have enough time to adhere to the book word for word but leaving out certain scenes just ruins it. I won't mention examples from the first four films in case others want to avoid spoilers (want to watch them with their kids/siblings etc) but there are more than I can count on my hands. I'd recommend the books to anyone that will listen regardless of how they read. Doesn't matter if they go through a book a day or if they only read the paper, doesn't matter if their favourite author is Tom Clancy or Terry Goodkind, the books should be enjoyed by all. Can't really say the same about the films though. You lot are welcome to have your own opinions on that matter of course.
Jake

Post by Jake »

I've always said if you haven't read the books you won't understand the films because a lot is happening that can be confusing and they do change a few things but they're definitely worth seeing! The choice of actors in the last film made me laugh a tad though :P
Jake

Post by Jake »

Alright here's a question for you all: If you could choose any one spell in the world of Harry Potter that you could infinitely use in the world we know, what would it be? You can't choose am invisibility cloak but you could choose the disillusionment charm.

I think I'm gonna say, despite my very submissive persona, Imperio would be my choice.
Maf54
Regular poster

Post by Maf54 »

Jake wrote:
I think I'm gonna say, despite my very submissive persona, Imperio would be my choice.
But we all probably know what you would use it for though ;)
stevo75
Regular poster

Post by stevo75 »

I have loved the harry potter books and films ever since my teacher read me the first book ten years ago and i remember thinking this book is just fantastic i have loved harry potter ever since then. I would personally like to thank J K Rowling for writing these amazing books and hours of reading pleasure over the years and making these magical books come to life on the big screen And daniel rupert and emma and the rest of the cast for beig truly magicalTHANK YOU ALL!! I am going to see the film on tuesday can't wait
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Hahahaha! This is hilarious! :D :mrgreen:

Not being sarcastic here, Jake. I love you for starting this thread on this forum. :)

Return to “Talk Forum”