The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Post by doggydogdogdoggy1 »

Hey guys, really liked Cordea's idea and kinda wanted to do my own version of it. I'm an absolute music junkie, so hopefully you might find something you like here :up:

Well to start us off, I thought I'd pull out a song from a band that I've just recently found called 'Does It Offend, Yeah?'

They're a band from the UK and mainly pump out dance punk beats. Absolutely sensational stuff. They have incredible live sets that have the vibe of a electronic rave yet the power and energy of a dirty underground punk show. Best with headphones (obviously). If you liked this, you'll also like "The Monkeys Are Coming" and "With A Heavy Heart".

Have fun :D

Dogg
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Re: The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Today's one is called 'Wires' from the band Red Fang. It's hard to label them as stoner metal, purely because they seem to base their music and image on a beer-fueled rampage as opposed to your conventional stoner band like Kyuss or Weedeater. When I'm asked about what they generally sound like, I always say: Imagine if QOTSA, Baroness, and The Black Keys had ran into each other and merged into a godlike being that dealt the Devil's greens in Seattle and subsequently fornicated with their second cousin in a three way with Mastodon. That poor illegitimate bastard child would be Red Fang. Enjoy! :up:

Don't be afraid to give your opinion on the songs or whatever. And tell us if you want something more heavy or more indie or more wobwob etc. I'll try accomodate for everything and everyone.

Dogg
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Alright, we're going a teeny tiny bit hood today. This guy is called Watsky. He's a 22/23 year old (yeah I can't believe it either) poet turned rapper that completely obliterates anyone when it comes to speed spitting. Because of his poetic background (check out Go Big, Young Friends on Youtube), he's also adopted an unconventional flow that either just goes and goes and goes or stops and stops and stops - for a better view on that check out "Kidnap Your Boyfriend" as well. He's part of the hip hop collective Knocksteady which also features dope spitters like Dumbfoundead, Intuition, and Wax - and he's got a free mixtape out right now on his Bandcamp site. So hey, hope you enjoy his fast rhymes - and be sure to check out his Youtube channel if ever you got the time.

Enjoy :rofl:

Dogg
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Today we've got a song from what may be one of my favourite albums of all time 'Room On Fire' by The Strokes. This song's called The End Has No End. To me, this song quite possibly captures the epitome of what people know to be The Strokes. Nick Valensi pulls through with riff after riff of pure genius in this whole album, with this, 12:51, Reptilia, the list could go on. Casablancas also mixes in both of his top vocal styles into this as well: his depressed, contemplative mumbling and his loud, confused shouting - all the while remaining right on key with everything else going on about him. This is a fantastic song to start off if you've never heard The Strokes and want to try them out.

Hope you enjoy! :up:

P.S. I know very few people come and read this post, but heck - I'm an expert at beating a dead horse.
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Song: Shattered Like Glass
Artist: Warbringer
Genre: Thrash Revival

These guys are part of the new Big 4 apparently - unfortunately because of my limited knowledge Evile is the only other band in that group I can name. I think they're rightly in there however, because their new album Worlds Torn Asunder most definitely is an album that both harks back well to the peak of 80's thrash and still brings in a modern feel. I've always thought the singer sounds a little bit like Tom Araya. Tell us what you think :8up:

Dogg
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Alright, just a quick announcement before we kick off a brand new week.
We're going to do things a liiiiiiittle bit differently this time, I want to introduce a new idea I've been thinking about.

Take a deep breath.
Exhale.
It won't hurt a bit.

What I want to try out is this:

Techno Monday
Alternative Tuesday
Rock Wednesday
Metal Thursday
Chill Friday
Sexy Saturday
Rap Sunday

Did someone say anti-climax?
Deal with it 8)

So let's kick ass into gear and start this off!

TECHNO MONDAY

Genre: Dubstep

Even though I'm a big fan of 'Feel So Close' (ever since my band thought about covering it), Calvin Harris was never my jam. But what Millions Like Us did to this is outstanding, a sure remix for you to drop on your ipod for partying, working out, or any activity as explosive as the thunderous drop in this song. Thumbs up for dubstep :8up:

Enjoy! And tell us what you think of this new concept!

Dogg
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

ALTERNATIVE TUESDAY

Genre: Indie Pop Rock

What can I say? Two Door Cinema Club are fantaaaaastic. These guys are kicking it off well with their first debut effort 'Tourist History', which features a lot of light and bubbly dance rock for the niches (or masses, if you're going on their Youtube views of more than a million per music video :shock: )
If you liked this, check out "Undercover Martyn", "Something Good Can Work", "Come Back Home", and "I Can Talk".

Peace 8)
Dogg
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Two Door Cinema Club! :D Now that, I can agree with you on. :) (And with The Strokes too, actually.)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Aaaaabsolutely haha these guys are just the tits. I've only just recently gotten into The Strokes actually. I've heard that they're basically the originators of post punk revival? With The Arctic Monkeys and Franz Ferdinand following too?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yeah, exactly. And in that tradition, don't forget Editors and Vampire Weekend, two of the best examples of the genre.

Vampire Weekend:

Editors:

Return to “Talk Forum”