The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Re: The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Post by doggydogdogdoggy1 »

Heeeeeey niiiiiice. Liking that Vampire Weekend song a lot! The video is hilarious to me since I'm the drummer in my band, so seeing them do that routine is a good laugh. Can't see the Editors one though :/ SME has blocked the content from my country on copyright grounds.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

What? That sucks. Ok, try this link:

Now that we're exchanging music and fun clips anyway, what do you think of this one?

doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

The synth feels waaay overdone though! It's like Chopin should he have snorted 6 grams of crack cocaine and Jenna Marbles all in one blow haha
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

ROCK WEDNESDAY

Genre: Rock/Alternative

Oh, Noel. You dislikable bastard genius. You've done it again.
After the split from Oasis, I suppose one would've expected a slightly different direction from the older Gallagher. But no, he's taken the Oasis sound to a whole new level and produced an album of incredibly good songs that hook you in. The opening guitar line is definitely a contender for riff of the year, and only beckons for the stellar effort - that is this song - to follow. Even the B-Sides ("The Good Rebel" in particular) are fantastic. Buying this is a no-brainer for Oasis fans out there, and worth a try from people that hated "Wonderwall" like I did because it absolutely blows your expectations away.

Enjoy!
Dogg 8)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Hey guys, kinda forgot about yesterday and am now going to get back on schedule! :shy:

METAL THURSDAY

Genre: Progressive Death Metal

I looooooooooove Gojira. Between Mastodon, Whitechapel, and Metallica, they are close to my favorite metal band of all time. These guys really push metal to the next level, by bringing out pulverizing riffs that have the weight of a three mammoths and a turtle. To me, they've truly brought their own sound to the table - with an exceptional focus on groove that moves you. This song in particular I think highlights their technicality (just try and figure out the timing on the intro, I dare you!), but if you want songs that shine more light on their ability to make the floor move, check out: "Backbone", "The Heaviest Matter in The World", and "The Way Of All Flesh".

Honestly, if you like your metal - definitely give them a try. 8D
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

CHILL FRIDAY

Genre: Post Rock

Just relax. Lie down, lay back. Let this song play, and just sink away to the sound. Possibly one of the most calming songs I know, this is a fantastic song created by one of my favourite bands of all time. Funny story, my friend once invited me over to his house to stay the night, and as he was lying in his bed and I on the couch I played this song from my iPod. He didn't speak a word for the whole song, instead I heard him crying softly. He told me afterwards that it was the most beautiful song he had ever heard and that it reminded him of his childhood. It gave me the chills to see how this song could move people so much. Hope you feel it too 8)

Dogg
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

SEXY SATURDAY

Genre: Soft Rock

For the ladies and the hopeless romantics out there. If you don't know who John Mayer is, you need to think about moving out of that rock you live under and I suggest you do it fast since interest rates are just ridiculous these days. I've always considered this song to live up to its title. When that chorus drops, there's no way I can't imagine a couple slow dancing in a burning room. Just no way. John Mayer, be as arrogant as you like - as long as you keep making masterpieces like these.

Note to the fellas: This is a pre-foreplay song, not a sex song. Don't make that mistake, as it can ruin the flow of your sex playlist. If you don't know what a sex playlist is, I suggest you learn fast and reap the rewards next time you've got a lady round the house ;)

Dogg 8)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

You wanna hear a real sex song? Try this one:

doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

That's actually really nice. Wow. Thanks for sharing mate that's going straight to my iPod!

Something you've used out of experience? ;)
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I knew it before, but yeah, I've since experienced that girls really like it too. ;)

Check out his other songs too, He's really good - for romantic evenings or otherwise. :-)

Return to “Talk Forum”