The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Talk about anything that's not gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: The Dogg Corner (Song Of The Day)

Post by Rommeltje »

I knew it before, but yeah, I've since experienced that girls really like it too. ;)

Check out his other songs too, He's really good - for romantic evenings or otherwise. :-)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Post by doggydogdogdoggy1 »

Sorry guys and girls, had a bit of an issue with my internet connection the other day. We'll start fresh with Monday :shy:

TECHNO MONDAY

Disclaimer: I am not a brony.

But this is fantastic either way. Many people have been saying that he could be the next Skrillex, should he be willing to drop the whole My Little Pony thing he has with all his music. The mixing is fantastic, and the composition is incredibly creative seeing as he used more than 6 vocal samples for the whole track.

P.S. I'll try and be a little bit more on time from now on!
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

ALTERNATIVE TUESDAY

Loooooovely riff. I'm not usually a fan of female led bands (or this one for that matter), but the riff is definitely the core of this song and drives it through.
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

ROCK WEDNESDAY

Wow.
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

Man, don't you hate it when you actually have to attend to the real world and "do" life? Absolutely terrible. I can't believe the poor state I've left this daily post in.
Do forgive me, those who regularly follow this (all 3 of you). Getting your life back on track isn't as easy as it looks I suppose. And as much as it hurts me to say it, the forum wasn't all that high on my priority list. But now that I've got the ball rolling a bit, I think I can spare a few minutes to treat the brothers (and sisters, yes Uni that's you and you only). :rolleyes:

SEXY SATURDAY

Queens Of The Stone Age have always been a band that have made their intentions clear. No fancy poetry, no elaborate 8 minute compositions, just straightforward rock. In a sense, it's their brutal honesty that makes them so appealing. Whether that segways nicely into the whole theme of today's section is debatable, or entirely dismissible at the very least. Although I might not be able to explain it as well as probably Rommeltje can (sly dog), there's something undeniably sexual about this song. Imagine you're in a dark room lit only by the setting sun through a window out in Arizona making sweet love to a hard-hearted chick wearing cowboy boots and leather driving gloves (the latter for the sake of this forum if anything).

Enjoy
Dogg 8)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

RAP SUNDAY

Get some OF in ya. This 16 year old kid is part of the hip hop collective Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All (OFWGKTA) and he's debatably the best of them all. The only one in the group that people say is his main competitor/best friend is Tyler The Creator (the leader of the group). Earl here has got a sick relaxed style that busts out word after word with pure swag and wit. Rumor has it that his mother sent him to military school in Samoa after a spat about the rights to his music.

Dogg 8)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

TECHNO MONDAY

Genre: Dubstep

Major artist from the Skrillex-run label OWSLA. They've just recently dropped their album on Beatport the other day. Definitely recommend checking some out in case you're into that. This song in particular shows the more melodic side to Kill The Noise.

Dogg 8)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

ALTERNATIVE TUESDAY

And I thought the original was good. Watch Thom and Jonny lullaby the audience into a dreamy and emotional daze. Thom's vocals have always surprised me, as they're always surprisingly good - and they always get the message through. Always. That depressing tone he gives is pure gold, especially in the context of this song.

Dogg 8)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

ROCK WEDNESDAY

Being a Wheezywaiter fan, I couldn't resist. If anyone knows who I'm talking about: kudos. If not, treat yourself to this indie alternative post grunge pop hybrid of sorts.

Dogg 8)
doggydogdogdoggy1
Regular poster

METAL THURSDAY

So welcome to an evolution of the djent movement, Thall. The band have created this tagline and separated themselves away from the djent scene by both creating a different signature tone for their 7-8 string combat, and creating a far more doom sounding atmosphere about their music. I love it personally. The whole album is terrifying. I feel these guys have captured an essence of evil into their songwriting, what with the hectic dissonant riffage and reverb drenched melodic minors. Enjoy!

Dogg 8)

Return to “Talk Forum”