MTG

Post by MedicalGloveLover »

Anyone play Magic The Gathering?
Ryoji
Occasional poster

Re: MTG

Post by Ryoji »

I haven't touched that game in ages.

I used to play a lot, but I stopped playing due to financial restraints. Around Mirrodin, all the FNM places in town switched to 2.0 instead of 1.5 so I could no longer play most of my stuff. Didn't feel like it was worth it to continue, and have to buy enough cards to make a new deck each year or two. Still kind of miss playing it though.
AlexLady
Glovely Diva

Post by AlexLady »

YES! I love MTG! Also I play 40k :D

This is my commander deck:

Booster drafts are my favorite!

And for any other awesomely nerdy people, this is is some of my Tyranids:
Bokda
Regular poster

Post by Bokda »

Lol, what a weird place to share my interest in a trading card game with :P
Not that I'm against it.
So yeah, I also play magic like you guys.
I'm an avid fan of the game, even though I don't play as much, I still try to play with old friends of mine...
-
I like booster drafts, but sometimes it gets kinda dull. I mean, the process of making your own deck, passing cards and testing your deck is SO fun, but after a while...I wanna change decks!
So yeah, the form of play I like most is kitchen-table magic game! I mean, just play with whatever deck you got and have tons of fun! :D
MedicalGloveLover
WWGFA donor

My first EDH Commander:

My first build of this deck was fast. Did not work too good. Was not a Tribal deck. In a very slow process of rebuilding.

My second EDH Comander:

It took me awhile to build this one. This deck works about 25% of the time. I'm not really in a hurry to make changes to this deck.

Me, myself and I prefer Sealed Deck.

@AlexLady your Tyranids look awesome.

I played a bit of Warhammer back in my High school days (Grade 11, 1993/94) I'm not sure what version it was. I know we played on a terrain map.
AlexLady
Glovely Diva

Post by AlexLady »

Bokda when you say booster drafts get dull I understand what you mean. It's almost always the same thing with a few twists here and there. Once you learn how your fellow gamers play it's easy to know what kind of decks they like to build and eh... it just ruins the fun if you play them too much with the same people for me.

One of my favorite ways to do MTG is just have a party with multi-person games and play whatever you want (decks with cards that destroy all creatures are fun!) It's a laugh just to make it almost impossible for anyone to win. Then again, just playing for fun is always the best :)

And oooh on the dragon commander. It's so expensive though! For me I tend to stay with cheap commanders so I can whip it out repeatedly. It's fun to see people react :) Although... more expensive is usually more powerful so there's major bonuses to that! :)

And thanks MedicalGloveLover; I'm still in the painting stages but can't wait to play! It's changed so much since you've played.
Classy_Katy
Glovely Diva

Post by Classy_Katy »

MedicalGloveLover wrote:Anyone play Magic The Gathering?
My partner has these...we haven't played them together yet as we have so many other geeky things to distract us but I love the cards and anything like this.
MedicalGloveLover
WWGFA donor

AlexLady wrote:Then again, just playing for fun is always the best :)
My thoughts exactly.

AlexLady wrote:One of my favorite ways to do MTG is just have a party with multi-person games and play whatever you want (decks with cards that destroy all creatures are fun!) It's a laugh just to make it almost impossible for anyone to win.
Same here with the exception of the "cards that destroy all creatures". Most of my decks play "nice". I'm now in the process of changing that.

New decks I built today:

B/R Vampire deck

B/U Mixed deck

and

G with a splash of U Hexproof/Shroud deck

Return to “Talk Forum”