What a conversation I had this morning

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

gloveloverus
VIP

What a conversation I had this morning

Post by gloveloverus »

I was at the mall this morning and I was walking out a store and I happened to bump into a cleaning cart while the cleaning lady was passing by. My ankle got caught with the front caster. We both surprised it must be just the timing that I didn't see her and she didn't see me coming out, she felt so bad and asked if I wanted to sit down a bit. It really wasn't a big deal but as I was talking to her, I found a pair of yellow household gloves sitting on the cart! What the heck I told her yes I should sit down for a minute.

She said her office was just around the corner and I could sit there for a bit, I was like an office, hmm interesting!

To my surprise, the office is basically her cleaning closet :up:

She got me a chair and I sat down, I glanced around the area and boy, there were quite a few pair of household gloves and a few pairs inside out drying.

She started to empty out garbage from the cart, she put on a pair of disposal gloves before handling the garbage. After that she asked if I was feeling better, I told her not so much in pain (I really wasn't)! I then asked why use disposal gloves and not household gloves for dumping garbage, I said they are so think not much of protection, just to kinda start the conversation! She said she hated to have any condemnation on the household gloves and with disposal, she could throw them out when done.

She then asked I pay attention to her gloves, I paused a few seconds (blank for a moment). I started making things up by saying my mom's hands were very rough, she doesn't want to wear gloves and I've been trying to find something interesting for her to wear, bla bla bla. Then I asked why so many pairs of gloves in the office, she said she could only wear a pair for less than an hour before she got so sweaty and had to take them off, so she kept so many in the office for the whole day. She said she used better gloves at home (didn't ask what they were), but the ones from work were provided by the mall, and she didn't want to use her own.

After she put on the yellow pair that she had on the cleaning cart, started to clean some stuff in water. I told her I should go and she immediately pulled her gloves inside out. She did it so fast and so clean! She came and asked if I really was okay, I told her everything was fine, and I said we had an interesting conversation!

I really wanted a pair of her gloves but I didn't know what to say to her, to my surprise after I left there. I usually would have had a red face when buying gloves in a supermarket, but I was talking to a cleaner about gloves - amazing!

I guess we had a legitimate conversation about gloves! Whew!!
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: What a conversation I had this morning

Post by Rommeltje »

Was she attractive? Perhaps if you see her again, you could strike up another conversation - now that you 'know' her and all - and see where it goes. ;)
gloveloverus
VIP

Post by gloveloverus »

She was okay, probably in her mid 40's. I do like her hair tucked up.
wmowrg
MIA

Post by wmowrg »

Rommeltje wrote: you could strike up another conversation - now that you 'know' her and all - and see where it goes. ;)
Yep, I'd be straight in there if I were you .......... :nod:
glovefetish

Post by glovefetish »

Nice story!
Yea I agree, you should start a new conversation about the gloves next time and try to get one of her sweaty yellow rubbers <3

Return to “Experiences”