Buying ladies gloves in male mode

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

SERMONETAGLOVES
Regular poster

Buying ladies gloves in male mode

Post by SERMONETAGLOVES »

I know that there are many male admirers of ladies gloves on this forum who love the sight of a gloved lady, but when you go shopping for new long ladies gloves for you own use and pleasur what do you do? I suppose that I was very fortunate to have small hands and to be able to wear ladies gloves all my life. When I was younger all the fine department stores had a ladies glove counter with a large array of gloves. One of my greatest pleasures was to be waited on by a saleslady and ask to see a particular pair of gloves. When she would ask me if they were a gift I would tell them that they were for me and would try them on in front of them. A few salesladies were annoyed that a man would be trying on ladies gloves but most would be most agreable and even help me try them on. What a wonderful feeling that was
weasel2000
Regular poster

Re: Buying ladies gloves in male mode

Post by weasel2000 »

I used to say that I was buying for my girlfriend as a surprise, or during prom season. Halloween made it easier especially with packaged gloves that I could say was for a costume. I would also sometimes buy at Claires or accessories stores. Later on and now I am much more forthcoming about saying I am buying them.
sandyd

Post by sandyd »

I've gotten much more comfortable with buying women's gloves over the years. A long time ago, I was so scared to buy them, I'd always say they were a gift or something. Now, I'm just "They're for me. Gimme!" :-P
sandyd2001.tumblr.com
rayray

Post by rayray »

I just take the gloves to the cashier without saying anything,
if any saleslady ask, I would say what size I should buy if the hand size is same as mine.

Either they would invite me to try them on or wear them in front of me and let me feel
her gloved hands for sizing.
GreatLeather

Post by GreatLeather »

I must admit that my hands are much too large to fit most women's gloves.

Growing up, and visiting department stores with my family, I'd dream of the day that I'd be old enough to shop on my own and try on and buy leather gloves (men's and women's. At this time I would also sneak off to where ever there would be a glove display). :whoop:
As I grew up, so did my hands. Luckily for me I am very happy with the tight men's gloves I have found, bought, and currently wear! ^_^

Enjoy your gloves.
GreatLeather

Return to “Experiences”