A princess wearing rubber gloves?

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Princess_Dana
Occasional poster

A princess wearing rubber gloves?

Post by Princess_Dana »

As people have been asking me if I wear rubber gloves, here is my experience:

I do wear rubber gloves for chores (Sorry I don't wear them for anything else ;) ) I used to hate doing chores when I was younger and would always tell my mother "I'm a Princess. Princesses don't do chores." But that didn't work and I still had to share dishwashing duties with my sisters. Fortunately, mother always had a pair of rubber gloves for us to wear. They were too big for me, but I grew into them.

When mother bought me my own pair of rubber gloves eventually, I told her I wanted purple ones (I didn't like the yellow kind). So I wore them, but I really hated the smell they'd leave on my hands. I had a pair of long white cotton gloves I always wore to sleep with some moisture cream, so I would wear those under my rubber gloves and it helped. Also, because I have tiny hands, the gloves fit better.

Now that I live with roomates in college, I have a couple pairs of gloves but I also had to start cleaning the rest of the apartment. And unfortunately, there's no one to complain to when I say "I'm a princess, I don't clean bathrooms!" So I have different gloves for different jobs.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: A princess wearing rubber gloves?

Post by Rommeltje »

Well, can't fault you for wearing household gloves for what they're made for. :mrgreen:

Also, my apologies if this is too forward (especially since you've only been here a couple of days :rolleyes:), and feel free to ignore this question if it is, but:
Princess_Dana wrote:I do wear rubber gloves for chores (Sorry I don't wear them for anything else ;))
This made me wonder: do you also wear gloves when doing 'something else' (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)? And if so, what kind?
Princess_Dana
Occasional poster

Post by Princess_Dana »

Tee hee, well... yes I have worn my gloves for something else, my long cotton gloves... I'm still a little embarrassed by it. I probably need to work up the nerve to talk about it...
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

No worries, take your time. :) Thanks for answering this one already. I'll wait for the details until you get more comfortable. ;)
sae226
Regular poster

Post by sae226 »

Hello Princess Dana, please do work up the nerve to talk about it. I've been a glove lover all my life and I am very excited to read your experiences....
Thank you for being so open
Toti
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Toti »

Princess_Dana wrote:Now that I live with roomates in college, I have a couple pairs of gloves but I also had to start cleaning the rest of the apartment. And unfortunately, there's no one to complain to when I say "I'm a princess, I don't clean bathrooms!" So I have different gloves for different jobs.
Do you mean that you have to clean also the bathroom or not? :scratch:

Which colors are the different gloves?

I like you choose the purple, it's a sign of royalty.

Don't you cook? What kind of gloves will you use if so? ;)

PS: When you have to deal with something you don't like much while cleaning, do you cover your mouth with your gloved hands? (:o 0:)

Return to “Experiences”