Do you wear gloves daily?

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Do you wear gloves daily?

Post by Rommeltje »

CarrionCarcass wrote:I found WWGFA in October of last year and have since felt more confident and okay with wearing them casually... especially since some of the members have encouraged me to do so! So in a way, this forum is like a support group to me. :)
I'm so happy to read that! :up:
CarrionCarcass wrote:I even have separate pairs of rubber gloves for diddling myself with.
And that. 0:)
20somethinggirl
Occasional poster

Post by 20somethinggirl »

GreatLeather wrote:I wear gloves almost every day too.
Usually black or brown leather gloves, with or without linings depending on the weather.

When the weather gets warmer I switch to leather driving gloves. The ones that are open on the back.

I only wear them in the bedroom once in a while. Usually then I wear short tight cop gloves.
Hi GreatLeather, which are your preferred gloves and do you wear the driving gloves to drive?
I wish I could wear leather gloves daily..
GreatLeather

Post by GreatLeather »

Hi 20somethinggirl,

I like unlined gloves, but I also like silk lined because they are still very thin and tight fitting.

Yes, I do wear leather driving gloves to drive!
I have been wearing them since the weather got warmer in June.
Do you wear driving gloves too?

GreatLeather
20somethinggirl
Occasional poster

GreatLeather wrote:Hi 20somethinggirl,

I like unlined gloves, but I also like silk lined because they are still very thin and tight fitting.

Yes, I do wear leather driving gloves to drive!
I have been wearing them since the weather got warmer in June.
Do you wear driving gloves too?

GreatLeather
Hi GreatLeather
I currently only own one pair of leather gloves. I find it quite difficult to buy gloves in store as I have size 6 very petite hands so have to order online. They're black and unlined and very snug fitting and come just a little past my wrist. I would love to own a perfectly fitted pair of driving gloves though.
Blkglvs
Occasional poster

Post by Blkglvs »

With hands that size ,your perfectly sized for vintage gloves. May i suggest looking on ebay ??? my partner has small hands (6.5) and we always buy vintage gloves from ebay. The modern gloves arent a patch on the vintage ones.

Nick
tigga76

Post by tigga76 »

I have the chance to wear daily gloves because their are a lot of cleaning und desinfection tasks. So I can wear household and disposible gloves over the day.
By the time, I bought gloves with longer cuffs (disposible with 30cm), so all my employee have to wear them too.
20somethinggirl
Occasional poster

Blkglvs wrote:With hands that size ,your perfectly sized for vintage gloves. May i suggest looking on ebay ??? my partner has small hands (6.5) and we always buy vintage gloves from ebay. The modern gloves arent a patch on the vintage ones.

Nick
Hi Nick,

Thankyou - have had a look on eBay and struggling to be honest. I found Italian unlined leather is fine, thin and tight like the vintage kid ones though..

L
lglove

Post by lglove »

Hi 20somethinggirl,

I agree with Nick, that eBay is a great source for finding nice leather gloves! :)

Don't you have any leather riding gloves in your size? Just wanted to check! ;) If you wish to look for some nice leather riding gloves, I can suggest both eBay UK and eBay Germany. If you want to look for them at the German site, use the search term: lederhandschuhe, or leder reithandschuhe. (You can use the first term and then look under Sport. When you have gotten that far, you can use the menu on the left side and click on the link: Reit- & Fahrsport, which will give you a more narrow collection of hits! :) I can also suggest you look for the brand names of Roeckl as well as UVEX or Schwenkel, as those brands make high end products for riders! Good luck!
Blkglvs
Occasional poster

Post by Blkglvs »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Vint ... Sw3gJZJo4w

Milore are an excellent brad and sadly are no longer made , but very high quality leather .

Hope this helps

Nick
20somethinggirl
Occasional poster

Blkglvs wrote:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Vint ... Sw3gJZJo4w

Milore are an excellent brad and sadly are no longer made , but very high quality leather .

Hope this helps

Nick
Hi Nick that's very helpful thankyou! I'm looking for some new gloves to do a video with so shall bare that in mind. I would also like to find some nice leather driving gloves or tight gloves with a snap fastening in a size 6 but I feel like that would be harder to find with vintage gloves - if you know where I could find these! :-)

L

Return to “Experiences”