Household rubber gloves in snow

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

CharlieCC

Household rubber gloves in snow

Post by CharlieCC »

Has anyone else seen this much? It's been snowing where I live and just yesterday, I saw a guy - late teens I think - walking around with his girlfriend wearing a pair of yellow marigold rubber gloves.

However, this isn't the first time I've seen this kind of thing. Back when I was at university in Coventry and living in halls, I remember a pretty girl in a pink jacket, pink boots and long brown hair coming out of her hood and noticing that she was wearing black household rubber gloves with leopard cuffs. She looked really nice - I remember chatting with her too...

Anyone else seen this kind of thing?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Household rubber gloves in snow

Post by Rommeltje »

I wish! :w00t:
glovelover20
Regular poster

Post by glovelover20 »

Nope, never. Are you sure that wasn't wishful thinking, Where do you live that people do that, great spot though. And was it he lad or the lass wearing the gloves btw.
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

Found this on twitter

Image Image Image
CharlieCC

Post by CharlieCC »

Nice! In the most recent case, it was a guy wearing yellow marigolds, in the other earlier instance, it was a girl in black rubber gloves with leopard cuffs.
DonL50
Newcomer

Post by DonL50 »

When I was 10 years old I wore Pioneer Bluettes when I played in the snow. Does anyone remember them? They were knit lined with blue neoprene rubber coatings. The left glove of each pair had silver writing on the cuff. "Pioneer" in block letters. "Bluettes" in script letters. I also wore a pair of knit gloves under them for extra warmth. They were very sturdy almost like leather. I enjoyed building snowmen and making snowballs with them. They had roughened gripping surfaces with which I was able to grip my shovel without the shaft slipping through my fingers.

Return to “Experiences”