Finding Gloves All Over My new House

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Joesweegmen
Regular poster

Finding Gloves All Over My new House

Post by Joesweegmen »

So I am moving into new rental home in a month or so but the house needs major cleaning. The person who lived there before was disabled and required medical help. My friends and I have been cleaning the house and of course we got gloves so I haven been taking advantage of that, its nice to be able to wear gloves publicly and not be judged because it is normal for the situation. Well anyway, on the first day we got there, on the kitchen table there were some blue nitrile gloves so when nobody I was around I went ahead and took those. Then I went upstairs and there is a hall closet, well of course I open it to look inside and sure enough there is a box of Curad Latex Gloves. I have been slowly taking some every time I go over and I’m pretty sure by the time we are done I will have taken the whole box. So, today while we are cleaning I go into the bathroom and low and behold there are 8 pairs of purple nitrile gloves just sitting on the counter waiting to be taken. I immediately grabbed all of them and shoved them in my pocket.( I am wearing them now as I type and they are very thin and tactile). Also, while searching the kitchen I managed to find what seems to be some old household gloves. They are almost 2 different colors of yellow. The box looked like it was from at least the early 2000’s and they are very nicely preserved. This has been a great experience and I hope to find more gloves in this house. I guess when you need constant medical attention gloves are likely to be common. I will definitely update you guys if I find anymore. :up:
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Finding Gloves All Over My new House

Post by Rommeltje »

Nice! What brand were the gloves? Sounds like you found some original Playtex gloves (or Marigolds, if you're in the UK).
Joesweegmen
Regular poster

Post by Joesweegmen »

Rommeltje wrote:Nice! What brand were the gloves? Sounds like you found some original Playtex gloves (or Marigolds, if you're in the UK).
I guess they were original playtex gloves. They are really soft.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

That would be awesome. :-) If you're not into them yourself, you could probably put them up on eBay and sell them through our Market Square.
katertjekat
VIP

Post by katertjekat »

Any chance of posting a picture of the household gloves? :-)
Joesweegmen
Regular poster

Post by Joesweegmen »

katertjekat wrote:Any chance of posting a picture of the household gloves? :-)
I will definitely try to post some later. Today I found what appears to be a microflex latex glove that was unused but it is actually yellow now because of age which is interesting.

Return to “Experiences”