Mother's Day weekend

Post your real life glove stories here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

gloveloverus
VIP

Mother's Day weekend

Post by gloveloverus »

I was browsing around Home Outfitter on the Mother's Day weekend Saturday, then I sneaked over to the cleaning supply area to see if they have any new household gloves - usually they stock Gloveables and Casabella. Unfortunately they had nothing new but while I was browing around I saw a lady walked in and start flipping the glove section. That caught my attention, I have never came across a moment where I would see someone going through the glove section.

So I was kinda in the area and pretended looking around for something, I saw her actually trying out a pair of gloves that were opened for fitting. They were kinda big for her but she took the time to feel the rubber and all. I was debating if I should approach her and ask her some questions, but while I was debating, I dropped my keys from my hand so she heard and looked over to me :?

I said, sorry I hope I didn't scare you! Then I said, I wonder if my mom would like the gloves you're trying on right now. I continued, it must be a guy thing I don't think I saw these type of gloves before (she was trying out a pair of Gloveables) with the fancy cuffs. She said, oh these cuffs they look pretty especially if you bought the apron to go with the set. I was like ohh, wow I didn't know that. She kept the gloves on her while showing me the aprons. I then said my mom she doesn't like to wear gloves in general, but her hands are so dried up, I thought I needed to get her something to protect her hands. She said, yeah for sure, a nice pair of gloves would be a good start. I said, well I only saw her in no-name yellow gloves, not sure if the quality is any good, I said probably not as good as these ones I suppose. Then I asked, how can I tell if these are good quality gloves or not? She pulled a pair of Casabella from the case, she said these are actually really good especially the cuffs, and not to mention the pretty pink colour! She said she has a pair in the bathroom, but she's looking for something different for the kitchen - hence trying out the Gloveables I guess. I continued, I said hmm how do I know what size to get her (pretend I didn't know), she showed me the packaging on the back how to measure the palm for different sizes, then she said, do you think her hands are bigger. At this point, she was still wearing those Gloveables. Then she realized she was still wearning the gloves, she said sorry I didn't realize I still had these gloves on, then she pulled them inside out. I was like, hmm, why did you pull the gloves off this way, she said she used to it at home after washing the dishes, she pulled the gloves inside out then blow into it to get all the fingers out. She actually demostrated how it was done.

Then she put her one hand over to the packaging for measuring, she was between small and medium. I said, probably my mom would be in medium based on your hand. I said hmm if my mom's hands were like yours, she would be much happier! She said, well start buying these good gloves, she pulled a pair of medium Casabella for me, and a pair of Gloveables. She said keep the Glovables for kitchen and Casabella for bathroom cleaning. I said well this would be the most interesting Mother's Day gift ever :)

I must be talking with her for about 5 minutes there, it was very interesting, she didn't find it strange. I don't think she has any glove fetish but she loves to take care of her hands. She looks okay but very down to earth person.

Wow, I couldn't believe I did it. This would be my first ever experience talking to a woman about gloves :) :)
ukoyries
Regular poster

Re: Mother's Day weekend

Post by ukoyries »

That's ballsy, but good for you! :D

Return to “Experiences”