Internal Server Error when posting/sending PM?

Get help from our tech-savvy crew: learn how to make previews, where to upload, how to edit vids, etc.

Moderator: Jake

Does this problem happen to you?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

Rommeltje
The man in charge

Internal Server Error when posting/sending PM?

Post by Rommeltje »

This is an issue that has been bothering the mod team for a while, but that we hadn't gotten complaints about from other members up until today. So this is to inventory the size of the problem.

The issue is this: when you click submit after writing a post or a PM, you often get an Internal Server Error, but when you go back to the thread, or go to your outbox folder, the message turns out to have gone through just fine. However, if you refresh, or go back and press submit again, the message is posted or sent twice.

Does this sound familiar? Please answer the poll.
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Re: Internal Server Error when posting/sending PM?

Post by SexySurgical »

This is in contrast to a general 'SQL error', everyone can have from time to time, probably due to weird input from the keyboard/browser/operating system. The background is then blue, seperate thread by CharlieCC here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19225

Here we are looking for white background:
Internal Server Error
only.
greenyrst

Post by greenyrst »

Hi all I keep getting internal server errors too some times it posts any way other times it doesn't.
This is the message I get when it doesn't( in blue) :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA4\x95\x0AA...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: wwgfa@hotmail.com

Also I am unable to send MPs too, internal error message comes up sorry can't remember which and the message only makes it to the outbox.

Wish I could help but I'm a spanners and hammers kind of guy, if it needs an oil change or bleeding give me a shout :rolleyes:
greenyrst

Post by greenyrst »

Hi all I keep getting internal server errors too some times it posts any way other times it doesn't.
This is the message I get when it doesn't( in blue) :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\xA4\x95\x0AA...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: wwgfa@hotmail.com

Also I am unable to send MPs too, internal error message comes up sorry can't remember which and the message only makes it to the outbox.

Wish I could help but I'm a spanners and hammers kind of guy, if it needs an oil change or bleeding give me a shout :rolleyes:

When I tried posting this message I got this error ( in white): Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, admin@wwgfa.info and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.29 Server at http://www.wwgfa.info Port 80
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Well, as you can see, the message still gets posted even if you get the error. The same goes for PM's, if they're in your outbox, that means they were sent. It'll move on from the outbox as soon as the recipient reads it.

It's a really annoying issue, that I unfortunately do not know how to fix. As soon as we find a solution, I'll get right on it.

Until that time, we'll just have to live with the error. Keep in mind that you can already click away from the message page after you press the submit button and before the error page comes up. Your message will get posted.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

O, wait, hold up, that first one is a different error than the one we're talking about in this thread, which is the internal server error that you got when you tried to post your first reply. My previous reply was in response to that: messages do get posted whether or not you get that error.

Could you post a screenshot of the other one?

Return to “Technical Tutorials”