rep points and rep power

Get help from our tech-savvy crew: learn how to make previews, where to upload, how to edit vids, etc.

Moderator: Jake

bolling
Regular poster

rep points and rep power

Post by bolling »

What do they mean??
wmowrg
MIA

Re: rep points and rep power

Post by wmowrg »

"Rep" is short for Reputation

Rep points are basically appreciation points left by other forum members when they appreciate a post made by another member - See the green "Thanks" button in the box on the right ?

Click on that to leave a "Rep" point for that member if you enjoy or like that particular post.

Above that are green squares which are the link to seeing what "Rep" points have been left for and by who .... Click on yours and you'll see I've left you a point for asking this question.

"Rep" power is a setting on the forum management board that we don't use in this forum - It basically gives a user more power based upon their rep points total
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: rep points and rep power

Post by Rommeltje »

See also: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28

No, rep power is something else. It's a setting that I, being the administrator, can change for each user. Someone with more rep power can give more rep points at once. If I set my own rep power to two, for example, each time I give someone thanks, they'll receive two rep points instead of one.

But yeah, I never use it. :)

Return to “Technical Tutorials”