Chloroprene medical gloves

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Scientist
Occasional poster

Chloroprene medical gloves

Post by Scientist »

Hi everybody,
It appears that out there we can find not only vinyl, latex or nitrile thin medical gloves, but also chloroprene ones (and they have also a sexy light green color).
I heard that this kind of rubber is something like the "Holy Grail" for gloves, because it offers all the advantages of latex (softness, elasticity, perfect fit...) and of nitrile (durability, chemical resistance...); all these qualities sound great, but before buying I would like to know your experience: have you ever used them? What do you think about them?
Cheers!
http://www.youtube.com/user/marco7771a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Re: Chloroprene medical gloves

Post by Rommeltje »

I guess no one's tried 'em yet. :) You could be the first!
glovedworker
Regular poster

Re: Chloroprene medical gloves

Post by glovedworker »

Hey Marco, sorry I couldn't share my opinion with you sooner.

I have a few pairs. I think they are fair but I wouldn't switch from nitrile or latex. They are softer than nitrile, but I would say that they are similar to latex. They aren't as elastic as latex (in my opinion), but a bit better than nitrile and miles past vinyl (not even a good glove IMO). I don't think they fit better than latex, but more like a nitrile glove. They are very durable and chemical resistant, similar to nitrile which is desirable.

They are something worth trying, but I wouldn't pay a lot more over nitrile or latex if you are satisfied with nitrile. In my personal opinion, I would stick with either using Microflex Diamond Grip gloves or Kimberly Clark Sterling Nitrile / Purple Nitrile, depending on my task instead of buying another glove. I assume you're asking about Microflex NeoPro gloves... Hope that helps, let me know if you want pictures (although I'm a guy) or have any other questions.
Checkout my photos on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/glovedworker/

Return to “Glove talk forum”