What're the odds?

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

Georgesaker69
Occasional poster

What're the odds?

Post by Georgesaker69 »

Ok, So I have an issue on my hands right now.

About 2 months ago, I matched with a girl on Bumble (Basically the same thing as tinder). Her bio said that she was the same age as me and that she is at the same college I am at. Not even 20 seconds after we match, she sends me a message. She said, "How do you feel about gloves?"
My first reaction was pure astonishment. But then I started to kind of freak out. My bio has nothing mentioning gloves in the slightest and I have never told anyone about my fetish except 1 girl who doesn't even live in the same state as me anymore. Literally nobody knows about it. But this girl asked that question. Was it really just that much of a coincidence that I matched with a girl with the same fetish as me? Wow, thats actually incredible.
Except heres the catch. My response was "good, in what way" cause I didn't really know what she meant or what context she was using. But she hasn't replied... She hasn't unmatched me but she hasn't said anything either, and her bio and pictures haven't change at all which makes me think she doesn't check the app anymore or she deleted it. But what do I do? Do I message her again and hope for the best? Do I ask a mutual friend to introduce me? I just wants to figure out why she sent that, because honestly, its kind of driving me nuts! Any advice?
tronn206
WWGFA donor

Re: What're the odds?

Post by tronn206 »

Go for it. Life's to short not too. So you like gloves! So what. Its not like you're into anything taboo. Gloves are nothing compered to some of the strange stuff out there.:-)
Twitter- @RubberGloveLove
Instagram - glove_lover206
Fetlife - NitramLatexLover
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

Yes, definitely try and say something again! If it turns out she really does have a glove fetish, this is a once in a lifetime chance. And doesn't Bumble work as such that she disappears if nothing has been said for 24 hours? How long has it been now? This might actually be worth getting a subscription for.

Do you know what you would say if you sent her another message?
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

It occured to me in popular culture it sometimes means condoms?
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

SexySurgical wrote:It occured to me in popular culture it sometimes means condoms?
Georgesaker69
Occasional poster

Post by Georgesaker69 »

Haha that is true about the gloves also meaning condoms. But I've never heard of a condom fetish. I bet someone out there is into it but I don't know if it would be common lol. I'll try to have someone introduce me
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

You'd be surprised how many times I've come back to a thread and read comments implying my response was never read.
Since this is sorta time sensitive...
Rommeltje wrote:
SexySurgical wrote:It occured to me in popular culture it sometimes means condoms?
SexySurgical
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by SexySurgical »

I don't think it's a fetish thing, just someone testing the waters regarding bareback. Could be a trick though, like if I guy will later on insist on 'no condoms',
when she will get internal stride (protection vs. the hots for him).
I'd say she's just testing if you will make no fuss about wearing condoms: she wants protection, no unwanted consequences (never mind it's not 100%).

It sounds pretty crass to me to start w/ such a question right ahead, but I've understood for some time US campus hookups are rather straight forward (?)
Georgesaker69 wrote:Haha that is true about the gloves also meaning condoms. But I've never heard of a condom fetish. I bet someone out there is into it but I don't know if it would be common lol. I'll try to have someone introduce me
Maybe come back w/ the suggestion 'the gloves' will come around when needed?
Imply 'gloves' (condoms) are good for blowjobs too?

Return to “Glove talk forum”