what is your favorite winter glove

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

sandyd

Re: what is your favorite winter glove

Post by sandyd »

bed12381 wrote:Are those the ones with the tear in them
Yeah, right at the bottom of the thumb on the right hand. If I can get more light, I can probably get a pic clear enough to show it.

Pisses me off too. >:( I really like these and I will probably have to go to Amazon to buy another pair.

(Heh...although that gives me an excuse to buy me a pair of the camel colored ones...which I've been drooling over for a long time. :tongue: )
sandyd2001.tumblr.com
bed12381

Post by bed12381 »

I have black with leather trim also
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

Pittard's extra soft leather with a silk lining - Dents are the current pair and I have to replace them as I've worn through the right thumb over the last 8 years :(
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
jaub
WWGFA Orderly

Post by jaub »

My favourite gloves for winter time are knit and isotoner-like gloves :w00t:
bed12381

Post by bed12381 »

Those are the best
bed12381

Post by bed12381 »

My black and brown isotoners
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

bed12381 wrote:Nobody has a favorite winter glove
Well I do, it's got to be leather every time. Have lost count of how many pairs I own and even though I can go days or weeks not wearing them when it's mild I always come back to leather ones and up to a point try to find a pair that go with what I'm wearing at the time :-)
bed12381

Post by bed12381 »

Share some pics with us
Grim
WWGFA Orderly

Post by Grim »

mrs uni wrote:
bed12381 wrote:Nobody has a favorite winter glove
Well I do, it's got to be leather every time. Have lost count of how many pairs I own and even though I can go days or weeks not wearing them when it's mild I always come back to leather ones and up to a point try to find a pair that go with what I'm wearing at the time :-)
Black goes with everything don't you know? :) I'm with you on the leather though I had to retire my favourite pair a couple of months back, I'd worn through the leather from the inside on the right thumb :( The replacement pair are the same make (Dents) and still silk lined but the quality of the hide isn't as good unfortunately. I get the impression that they don't make the same style with the same quality of hide as they used to. Shame really as while the new ones are lovely the old ones were truly epic.
Everyone's a freak in one way or another - it's how much and how you choose to express it that counts. As long as it harms no-one (unless that's their preference, of course) then who are we to judge?
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

:S
Grim wrote:
mrs uni wrote:
bed12381 wrote:Black goes with everything don't you know? :) I'm with you on the leather though I had to retire my favourite pair a couple of months back, I'd worn through the leather from the inside on the right thumb :( The replacement pair are the same make (Dents) and still silk lined but the quality of the hide isn't as good unfortunately. I get the impression that they don't make the same style with the same quality of hide as they used to. Shame really as while the new ones are lovely the old ones were truly epic.
So true, black is where it is at when it comes to leather gloves. Tried to remember how many (non opera length) pairs of black leather gloves I own and lost count at about six. One pair of which sound much like your much loved gloves Grim in that they were worn through to the point where I had to remove what was left of the silk lining only to discover that the leather less than paper thin and bald and shiny beneath, especially on the first two fingers of the left hand glove. I still have them and use them as 'summer' black leather gloves due to the sheerness of the leather. They are my current oldest gloves (and the second pair of black leather gloves I owned) they are such a well cut tight fit I can't bring myself to dispose of them despite replacing them many times over.

I got some black leather Dents gloves and have to agree they are wonderful (so much so they are my 'best' gloves and don't get worn a lot) but from looking at their website the other day they do so many ranges from about £35 (appoximately what mine cost) to about £110 so it may be that your first pair were from a more expensive range Grim.

I've been wearing my red leather gloves from M&S all day today and am whilst typing this and have only taking them off whilst eating out as not to look too odd :S They are so warm, comfortable, supple yet tight I've almost forgotten I'm gloved every so often. Hey, I could never completely forget though obvioulsy :p )

So yes, leather of whatever colour is my favourite winter glove fabric and considering that the weather is pretty wintery about 7 months of the year where I am I get lots of opportunities to wear them! :yay:

Return to “Glove talk forum”