Gloves you've never tried

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Gloves you've never tried

Post by mrs uni »

It's pretty clear that most people here have their favourite types of gloves, surgical does it for some, household for others. But is there one type that's never appealed that you've never ever tried out? One material that just doesn't do it for you?

For me it would have to be surgical gloves. Can honestly say that to date I have never ever worn surgical gloves. Now there's some of them somewhere in the house (got them from the vets I think- for handling the dog's medicine of all things O_o ) but I wasn't remotely curious to try them out, if anything, the idea of putting them on for this or any other task is something of a turn off.

Now that is strange when you consider I've a thing for household gloves and the fetish variety of latex gloves so it isn't a rubber or a tightness thing, neither is it a short gloves thing as short leather gloves do it for me too. No idea why I inwardly go 'eeew' :no: at surgical gloves, I just do.

Just interested (OK, nosy :tongue: ) as to whether this kind of thing is just me or if other people are similar?
JaneC09
Regular poster

Re: Gloves you've never tried

Post by JaneC09 »

I feel yah. I've never been a fan of lace gloves for anything. I wore them once or twice for an outfit, and didn't like them. I also don't like the look of them. I like lace in other apparel, but not gloves. They seem cheap and defeat the purpose of gloves, which is to cover the hand completely (that's why I detest fingerless gloves). There's some other material I've seen in gloves that I don't care for, but lace is my least favorite.

I will also admit from a fetish point of view, I'm not that into household gloves. Sometimes I'll wear them, but I actually prefer medical gloves. The first pair of gloves I ever used to masturbate with were latex medical gloves. I also like long fetish latex, but it needs to fit right.
Rommeltje
The man in charge

Post by Rommeltje »

I think I've only ever worn household gloves, to be honest. Well, and wool gloves in the winter, but that doesn't really count (even though I'm always a little self conscious when I put them on). Out of the other materials, I'd like to try latex and maybe leather, but the attraction isn't big enough to make that happen any time soon.

I kind of feel the same way about medical gloves as you do, Mrs. Uni. I can't quite put my finger on why that is either, but I think it has something to do with the 'shapelessness' of the material, if you know what I mean. It's just a loose piece of rubber when it's not being worn, which makes me not want to touch it. I like that household gloves (the good ones) somewhat retain their shape even when there's no hand in it. It's actually the same for my boot fetish: I much prefer boots that stay upright by themselves to ones that require a leg to get them in the right shape. That's why I don't like really tight gloves (or boots). A glove should be shaped like a glove irregardless of whether there's a hand in it or not.
Regular poster

Post by 0913 »

Interesting question and a good one at that. There was someone last year who posted telling everyone to try another kind of glove for an hour and see what happens; I thought it was a stupid idea since I know what turns me on.

In regards to this, I'm not a fan of any kind of fabric glove. Felt, lace, cotton, wool; none of them do it for me. I'll take a girl wearing leather gloves, but not wearing them myself. I'm pretty strict about it being rubber. I've never had a chance to wear fetish latex, so I'd give that a try if anything. I will say I get pickier the more intimate I go. Seeing a girl in them is one thing, wearing them myself is deeper and touching myself is when I'm the choosiest. I guess I prefer disposable gloves for that for easy clean up and avoiding the grip texture on household gloves.
Jake
The Only Gay in the Village

Post by Jake »

JaneC09 wrote:I feel yah. I've never been a fan of lace gloves for anything. I wore them once or twice for an outfit, and didn't like them. I also don't like the look of them. I like lace in other apparel, but not gloves. They seem cheap and defeat the purpose of gloves, which is to cover the hand completely (that's why I detest fingerless gloves). There's some other material I've seen in gloves that I don't care for, but lace is my least favorite.
Sums up what I was going to write.
mrs uni
Rommeltje's Deputy

Post by mrs uni »

Got to add anything furry and mittens to this list as well- have had the misfortune to try them out when I was a kid but my reaction to them now could be summed up by going 'bleurgh'. :no:
ghost84
Banned

Post by ghost84 »

I never tried Lace but in the past my girlfriends have used on me where
Satin
Leather
Silk
Cheerleader
Cotton
weasel2000
Regular poster

Post by weasel2000 »

I've never tried PVC gloves...having seen them they just look horrible...
Ceramic
WWGFA donor

Post by Ceramic »

u wish,pvc rocks ;) always shiny,super easy to wear,well cheap too (compare to latex\leather..)

havnt found any downside to them.
pinkrubbergloves
WWGFA Orderly

Post by pinkrubbergloves »

I have been dying to get a pair of these for years. still on the hunt!

Also these hair dressing gloves look devine.

Return to “Glove talk forum”