Help

Talk about gloves here

Moderators: Jake, mrs uni

gadget23

Help

Post by gadget23 »

I need advice my mother is going with me to my therapist tommorow and we will be talking about my glove fetish how should i go about telling her
PhotoGloves
Regular poster

Re: Help

Post by PhotoGloves »

My advice, don't bother with the therapist.

If you are seeing a Therapist purely for your glove fetish then don't bother. I have seen a few therapists and councillors about my fetish when I was in my late teens and early twenties . The last few times I was told it is harmless and don't worry about it.

So I don't worry about if it is odd any more (I haven't for the best part of 12 years). I Indulge my self in the fetish when I get chance, (see my massage parlour visits thread in the Experiences section). I would like a partner that would be willing to wear gloves for pleasure.

I don't know how old you are but, does you mother know why you seeing a therapist? I take it not by the question. If your comfortable with your mother knowing your fetish then do so (mine found out when I was 15! and was OK with it she even wanted to help me out with buying gloves. I declined that offer though.)
Last edited by PhotoGloves on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gadget23

Post by gadget23 »

she hates my fetish she thinks it is weird
PhotoGloves
Regular poster

Post by PhotoGloves »

gadget23 wrote:she hates my fetish she thinks it is weird
That's like my wife, she thinks it's weird and wants nothing to do with it.

So back to your original question,
gadget23 wrote:I need advice my mother is going with me to my therapist tommorow and we will be talking about my glove fetish how should i go about telling her
Do you mean how to tell the therapist? I initally thought it was telling your mother about the fetish.

An I just realised you posted this on Tuesday in reference to Wednesday.

How did it go?
gadget23

Post by gadget23 »

it is not happening till december yes and it is so how do I go about talking to her about it
JaneC09
Regular poster

Post by JaneC09 »

Ah, the mother taking her child to the therapist. That brings back memories.
Well remember, therapists have to abide by confidentiality. Just tell him / her the truth. If you're uncomfortable telling the therapist in front of your mother, ask to speak with the therapist about it privately.
rudiebaga2008
VIP

Post by rudiebaga2008 »

Photo, my wife just did the same to me, crushing isn't it..gadget, you are who you are if your mother can't except that then she needs to see the doc not you
.just don't fake it, tell them the truth and get the job done
New england satin and exam lover
gadget23

Post by gadget23 »

what do you mean by that?
crbypty
Regular poster

Post by crbypty »

I agree with what everyone else is saying. Gadget, if you're uncomfortable talking to the therapist about it with your mother you can ask to talk to the therapist alone but don't be afraid to be honest and tell the therapist about your fetish. Most likely they'll tell you that it's nothing to be ashamed about. It's just a personal sexual attraction to certain things/actions, nothing different than being into bdsm or swinging or even feet. As long as it's not actively hurting anyone or yourself it's not really your mom's place to judge you for it or make you try to "fix" it
gadget23

Post by gadget23 »

I talked to him about it alone and he wants my mom to hear about it

Return to “Glove talk forum”